22. 𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓮𝓼

Start from the beginning

Kiya was giggling and touching Veer too much and everyone noticed it. But no one pointed it out.
Kiya was Veer's first fiance. But he broke it off when he started seeing me.

A few comments about how middle class people were really gross was thrown here and there. Kiya completely ignored her existence as she flirted with Veer.

But Dhwani didn't say anything to this whole show. She didn't want to. So she went towards the kitchen to eat alone.

As she was going Dhwani noticed a look of shame and longing in Veer. Nobody noticed it except her because she knew the meaning of it.

It was just one month after their marriage. As it was a Sunday, Veer wanted to take her out for dinner. As they were going out , the Ahluwalia family suddenly popped in for a visit.
Dhwani was never taught to be anything other than nice. So she welcomed them as any other daughter in law of the house would.
Little did she know that they were not any other guests.

The Ahluwalias were close friends of the Singhanias from Raghav Singhania's father's time. And Prabha Singhania was the closest friend of Ambika Singhania. Imagine Gordon Ramsay and Simon Cowell but their feminine narrow minded variants.

But Dhwani did not know any of these. What she did know was that the girl with them , most probably her grandchild was throwing hellfire at her through her eyes.

While I was serving chai Mrs Ahluwalia asked ; "What was your name again?"
"Dhwani Taneja"
"Taneja , never heard of it. What does your parents do? "
"They..uh .... They died when I was young. "

"You are an orphan. Seriously Veer? You left me for this low class orphan? She is not even that good looking. Like can you even compare her with me , Kiya Ahluwalia. The choice was so obvious. I bet she doesn't even know anything about fashion or fame. " Kiya literally screamed at him fisting his shirt.

"And I bet you doesn't know the full value of pi." I muttered under my breath.

"What did you say? "

"I said I bet you didn't know the full value of pi which is

"What will I get knowing that? "

"Exactly the question I want to ask you. "
"You were interrogating my HUSBAND for sometime now so let me pay back the favour. "

"What do you do ms Kiya? "

"What do you mean ?"

"You know, for example I am the head of finance department of the Singhania industries. So what do you do? "

"I don't have to do anything. My parents have enough money for the next two generations. "

"Fair enough. But seriously how does it feel to you know live off other people's money because I never knew that feeling. And to answer the questions you asked my husband, yes he did leave you for an orphan. And yeah you are right you can't be compared to me because it would have taken too long to list out how dumb you are. So the choice is obvious and as you can see , he chose the obvious. "

"Whatever. You are just another gold digger who prey on rich boys. "

"Oh you have the whole statement wrong. One I earn millions every year so I don't have to prey and dig for anyone's gold. Two my husband is not a boy but I guess you were never meant to know that. "

"Anyways we don't have anymore time to waste on you. You know time is precious and no you can't buy it with your dad's money. "
"Aren't you coming honey? "