"Uright?" he asks. (Are you okay?) "Ngiyaphila wena." I answer. (I'm good and you.) "Nami ngiyaphila." (I'm good too.) "You looking gorgeous today." I feel heat creeping up my cheeks and i turn to look away. "Is the one and only Mngomezulu blushing right now." "Incorrect. I just saw something that caught my attention." "Then look back at me." I do and i see him smirking. His enjoying this.

I'll give him a taste of his own medicine. "I wasn't blushing." I say. "If you say so." he says. "You don't look to shabby yourself." "Oh wow since when do you compliment." "Since my type is bosses and maybe attorneys." I see his cheeks turn pink and i smile internally. One point for me.

"Oh really now?" he asks, his tone laced with amusement. "Yah. Types change from time to time and currently you might stand a chance to win." I say. He clears his throat and scratches the back of his neck. "Are you feeling flustered?" "What...no I'm not flustered." "I hope I don't make you nervous." "Definitely not." We smile.

The tension between us is getting a bit too much to handle. I hear somebody call my name and i say a little thank you in my head for saving me from this thick tension rising and i feel like it's more sexual than anything else. I look around and i see Simphiwe signalling me to come to her. I walk up to her and pull her in for a hug.

"You might want to go to the bathroom to sort out your issues." says Simphiwe. "What issues?" I ask. "You and Mr. Ngcobo seem to want fuck with each other." "What? No ways." "Denying comes with defensive tones."  "Being dramatic for no reason." She raises her eyebrow and i do the same. "Either ways I wanted to say let's go get drunk." "I can't get that drunk cause i have to pack."

"Shame. Let's drink responsibly then." she says and we chuckle. "I don't mind." I sing and she chuckles. "Nice voice." "Thanks." She smiles and drags me to the mini bar. We order some cocktails and walk to the snack area.

"So boo are you ready?" she asks.  "Ready for what?" I ask. "To make a speech." "What speech?" "Gratitude speech." "I didn't even know I'm saying a speech." "Iyoh you have to say a speech expressing your gratitude and all that." "I hate being put on the spot." "Uzoqina sisi. I'll be back." She spots someone and walks to them. (You will be strong.)

Mihlali gives me a hug from behind and i sigh and lean into the hug. "We not married yet." I say. "One day sthandwa sami." says Mihlali. "Anyways who did you fuck last night." "No one." "Don't tell me that. You go dance and next thing you come back to give us car keys and left so you definitely got laid."

"Okay i did then what." I say. "Tell me how it was phela." she says. "Okay." "Okay good or bad." "No comment." "Was it that terrible?" "No comment." "Amu tell me." "It was okay. Nothing different or special about it." "Wow!" We giggle. "It was definitely average if you say that." 

We continue talking until i see Mr. Ngcobo Snr. walk on stage. "Ladies and gentlemen can i please have your attention." Everybody stops talking and we look at him. He fixes the mic and clears his throat.

"I would like to thank everyone for joining us. It is in great honour to see such young and determined lawyers here today." he says. "Thats true." says Kuhle and we all laugh. "And i am grateful that i hired great minds. I would like to thank everyone for their hardwork and determination. Can we all continue with that. I want to call somebody up on stage. This person has showed me that hardwork, perseverance and dedication does pay off at the end. I would like to call Amukelani Mngomezulu."

Everyone claps as i walk on stage. I take the mic from him and thank him. "Sanbonani." I greet. (Hello.) "Yebo." they say simultaneously. "Niright." (Are you good?) "Siyaphila." (We are good.)

Assassin Love ♡ || Completeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें