➹ ੈ‧ Spilling Secrets ੈ‧➹

My leg bounced under the empty cafeteria table I was sat at. Everyone had decided to eat outside because of the nice weather which was fortunate for me but it made the silence very loud which was unusual. But honestly after the night before, silence is the exact thing that gave me closure.
"Marinette?" Adrien appeared by my side causing me to slightly jump up.
"Hey Adrien, what are you doing here?" I questioned, getting lost in his eyes. They had a familiar comfort to them that freaked me out.
He placed his bag down and sat on the plastic stool next to me.
"I needed somewhere peaceful to think so I came here, what about you?"
"Hah same," I spoke with a soft chuckle.
"What're you thinking about?"
Talking to Adrien was easier than it had ever been, considering I didn't completely fall over my feet every time we talked. It was so much better not to have a thing for him because Adrien was one of my best friends and it was so much better than having strings attached, you know?
"I had a long but wonderful night with the girl of my dreams but yet we need to keep secrets from each other and i'm worried about the future because of it. Trust is one of the main things I rely on in a relationship." He admitted with a sulk.
"We happen to be in a similar situation then."
"Hm."
We both sat in silence for a moment, awkwardly opening our mouths now and then in hopes of words coming out but none did.
"So.. are we coming to my house again to work on the project?" I asked, shoveling my mac and cheese into my mouth.
"Yeah, if it's fine with you." He sighed, messing with a patch on his zip-up hoodie.
I let out a faint 'mkay' and played with the remaining macaroni on my plate.
Adrien always radiated a natural comfort to me, he always managed to make me feel a little bit better.
"Who is he?"
"What?" I quickly turned my head toward him out of shock.
"The dude who's making you question things, it's written all over your face." His eyes darted to mine.
"You wouldn't know him." I lied, trying to keep eye contact.
Making eye contact is the best way to get away with a lie, it makes you seem like the bigger person which intimidates whoever it is that's affected. Top tier manipulation trick.
"Is he your boyfriend?" His voice was low, but his eyes remained intact.
"Uh,"
I hesitated
"Yes, he is." I nodded.
"Is that girl your girlfriend?"
He smiled and looked away from me,
"Yes she is."
His smile made me smile. Seeing how happy this girl made him made my heartbeat fasten. He deserved happiness.
"She makes you happy, huh?"
"Very, you do not know how long I waited for her to just kiss me. I'm in love with her." He admitted, his cheeks becoming faintly rosy. I had never seen this side of Adrien, the way he could love so strongly.
"Does he make you happy?" He asked me, still smiling.
"Very." I wasn't even lying and it felt amazing. I didn't have to lie to him about something for once. My love for Chat had bottled up inside me for the longest time and I could freely express it which was the best feeling ever.
-----------------------------------------------------------
After the 7th period ended, Adrien and I met up at my locker. He watched me grab all my stuff and shove it in my backpack. He chuckled as I struggled handling the weight on my back.
"What's so funny, Agreste?" I huffed as he smirked.
"You don't need all of that stuff y'know." We began to walk down the halls as I continued struggling to carry the weight of the bag. 
"Hey i'm just being prepared, it comes in handy." I shrug and push open the large doors of the school, shoving past tiny freshmen and overly confident seniors. 
We walked for a bit, just admiring the falling leaves and the crunch they make when they're stepped on. We didn't need to talk, we could just walk beside each other not feeling the need to for hours without it even being awkward. It's what I loved so much about our friendship. He knew how I processed things and was extremely patient.
After 15 minutes of walking, we arrived at my house. Adrien held open the door for me which made me grin. 
"Damn the bakery sure is busy." He huffed, watching a cloud of condensation escape from his mouth.
"Yeah, it typically is during the fall." I led him up the stairs to my bedroom and opened up my door. We sat down on my couch and took both of our school computers out of our bags, opening up the Google Doc questionnaire that was assigned with the project.  
"Any estimates on which chemicals will cause an explosion?" I read the first question then looked over at him.
"No idea.'' He stared down at his shoes as I shut the lid of my computer and sighed.
"Why do you and this girl have to keep secrets from each other? It obviously has a negative effect on you so why is she making you go through that?" I folded my hands in my lap while watching him look up from the ground and into my eyes.
"We don't have a choice. There's a lot of risks that I can't elaborate on but we could easily be put in danger." He sunk back into the couch and rubbed his forehead.
"Our situations are so alike it's actually scary." I let out, continuing to stare at him wondering how we could both possibly be in the same exact situation at the same time. It did genuinely scare me, honestly. It should've brought me comfort knowing we could relate to each other, but it got me wondering how we both could be in this same place at the same time. I'm not saying the possibility of him and Chat being the same person hadn't crept in my mind before, because it most certainly had, but I didn't know enough to act on the suspicion so I just let it go.
"Yeah, but at least we both have someone to talk to about it." He watched my leg bounce on the floor for a bit then moved back up into my eyes. 
"Wanna talk about her?" I tapped my nails on the top of my closed computer. He took a breath;
"She's perfect, Marinette. Everything about her makes me feel like the luckiest man alive to even get the chance to talk to her. And to not know the most important detail about her? It makes me feel like i'm missing out." He moved his hand over his face and sighed , his words were a whisper. He was genuinely upset.
"Coming from a girl who has to be the one to hide that detail about her from the boy she loves, she probably wishes she didn't have to keep it. God, this boy drives me crazy. We're practically destined for failure which breaks my heart but I can't help myself from craving him 24/7." 
I wanted to stop talking, but I couldn't. I hadn't ever had anyone to talk to about any of my suppressed feelings for him.. well that's not entirely true but I'd just never actually done it. 
The look in his eyes made me believe he wanted to say something but he didn't know what, 
like the words were trapped in his throat. Instead of saying something, he kept staring. His eyes didn't break away from mine, he didn't blink either. It was like he was psychoanalyzing me but I was clueless on why.
"You have her eyes." He mumbled, still uncomfortably staring at me.
I sat up a bit and stared back into his and that's when I realized,
Adrien had his eyes.