Chapter Ten

"Fona

"Fona."

The girl looked up from her book and raised an eyebrow, "Aren't you supposed to be doing detention with Filch?"

"Forget that, I have a bigger matter on my hands." Sirius replied, dropping into the remaining space of the couch, tossing the cloak onto the armrest.

Fiona looked at the cloak then at Sirius and sighed before placing her book on her lap, "For the love of Merlin, Siri, how much trouble are you capable of causing?"

"That's not all I do-"

"Oh yes you do, I still sometimes wonder how I fell for a moron such as yourself." The young Potter said, her lips twitching as she was going to smile.

"Fiona, listen."

The sudden tone in Sirius' voice made Fiona's joy fade away, and concern took over.

"What's wrong?"

"I..." Sirius rubbed his face with his hands, before placing his elbows on his legs and holding his head, staring into the open fire. The Gryffindor common room was now empty seeing as it was very late, but Fiona wasn't feeling sleepy hence she came back down with a book. This also served as an excuse to wait for her boyfriend to come back.

"I don't know where to start." He groaned.

"How about from the start?" Fiona suggested, before frowning slightly, "But if you don't want to tell me, you don't have to-"

"Darling, why would I not tell you?" Sirius asked, turning to look at his girlfriend whose cheeks went slightly pink.

"I mean I just thought not everything is meant to be shared and perhaps I'm not the right person you want to tell whatever is bothering you."

Despite all those thoughts racing through his mind, the young Black gently smiled, "You never fail to amaze me. I love you, you know that?"

Fiona blushed a bit before leaning forward and placing her chin on Sirius' shoulder, looking at him with a smile. "I think I've heard." Although her smile faded shortly after, "What's the matter?"

"OK, you might think I'm crazy but," He released a breath, "I think Rubi and the twins are Death Eaters."

Fiona blinked, sitting straight again, the shock reflected very clearly on her face, "Sirius, what makes you think-"

"Sorry," The latter interrupted, "I don't think, I know  they are Death Eaters."

Fiona's face went slightly cold, "You can't go and accuse someone like that."

Sirius rubbed his face, thinking of what evidence to provide to the young Potter first, "I have my reasons."

Sirius then started from the start, from when Remus first brought the same suspicion to him, to Rubi's odd behavior, to Remus getting yelled at by Rubi, to Fred and Rubi's strange conversation they had shortly after.