Chapter Four

October 31st had arrived, in other words, Hallowe'en

Swallowing the lump in her throat, for the tragic incident that takes place on this day in a few years that tears her family apart, Rubina happily went about with her day. In the evening, the seventh-year girls dormitory was full of chaos. Clothes and footwear littered the ground, banging on the bathroom door ensued and Lily's cries of frustration rang throughout.

"Rubi! Come on, get ready!"

Rubina groaned. "I will, after. There's too much going on right now." And she rolled over on her bed, and buried her face in her pillow.

"Oh no you don't!"

Lily pulled Rubina out of bed ignoring the grey-eyed girl's protests. Shoving the black dress into her hands, Rubina was locked in the bathroom by Lily. Rubina couldn't help but let a chuckle escape her lips.

After changing, she stepped out wearing a sleeveless, simple, knee length, black dress, which fit her perfectly.

All the other girls wore similar dresses and were ready to go, Alice was just finishing Lily's curls.

"Rubi!" Lily exclaimed, getting up, and walking over to the black haired girl, "Your turn!"

Rubina smirked and closed her eyes, letting her hair turn blonde.

"Woah, I keep forgetting you're a metamorphmagus, but Alice wants to curl your hair, so don't use your powers."

Rubina merely smiled and nodded, and let Lily lead her to the seat in front of the mirror and Alice commenced her work, while Fiona started on some light makeup.

Ten minutes later, Rubina's hair fell down her back in curls as her lips glistened with lip gloss and her eyes sparkled with silver eyeshadow, with hints of mascara and eyeliner. The five girls wore similar makeup and dresses apart from the hair. Fiona's blonde hair was left in its natural waves, Alice's hair was in it's natural look, above her shoulders. Marlene had straightened her hair, which was perfectly flowing down her back. Lily matched Rubina's hairstyle except her hair was fiery red.

"We look stunning, ladies!" Lily exclaimed, as we all examined ourselves in the mirror.

"Hell, yeah!" Marlene added.

"Come on, let's go down."

Entering the common room, the Marauders and the twins were huddled by the fireplace, ready in black tuxedos. Spotting Lily, James attempted to flatten his normally messy hair for once, instead of messing it up further. Sirius' hair held more elegance than usual as he greeted Fiona with a peck on the lips, making the blonde girl smile widely. Remus appeared a bit tired, but content nonetheless. Peter looked a bit timid, causing Rubina to glare at him, which went unnoticed by everyone but Fred, and unfortunately, Remus, who cocked his head to the side in confusion, observing the grey eyed girl's action.

Fred wrapped an arm around his girlfriend's waist, tearing her attention away from Pettigrew. George, for once, didn't tease the two and instead looked excited and nervous for his date to the ball, which happens to be Catherine.

***

The Great Hall had lost its four long house tables and the High table. Instead, many, small, round tables were present all around, leaving a huge clearing in the middle of the room, which acted as the dance floor. Pumpkins with candles floated beneath the gloomy ceiling along with orange streamers and live bats. The ghosts of Hogwarts emitted a glow, adding to the Hallowe'en spirit. 

Nearly every sixth and seventh year was present at the Masquerade Ball. A few younger students had joined in, helping out as an excuse to witness the event. A few couples were dancing in sync to the muggle music, too engrossed in one another to take notice of their surroundings while others were eating and engaged in conversations at the tables.

"Evans, dance with me?"

"No, Potter!"

James had asked Lily to dance countless times, only to get rejected. Remus had taken Alice to dance, while Peter was glued with James. Same went for Marlene, who stayed by Lily's side most of the time.

George twirled Catherine, her bright hair flowing around her. The two hadn't left each other's side all night. Fiona had her arms draped around Sirius' neck, as the two swayed as one, gazing into each other's eyes lovingly. The same could be said for Rubina and Fred, especially since this brought back sweet memories for the pair.

Fred spun Rubina once again, making the smile on her face even wider. Pulling her back, Rubina's arms mindlessly went around his neck while Fred's hands rested on her waist.

"This is one of the best nights I've ever had." The metamorphmagus said, with her voice full of happiness.

"I could say the same." The ginger replied, genuinely smiling at his girlfriend.

"You know," Rubina started saying, "I sometimes wonder what if we hadn't sat in the same compartment on the train, would we still be here, together?"

"I don't know." Fred muttered. "But, what I do know is that I wouldn't want my life to be any different, because I have you." He finished. Rubina's hair turned to purple on its own accord.

"I love you, Weasley."

"I love you too, Black."

The two were so lost in one another, that unbeknownst to them, a certain chocolate loving boy was able to pick up on snippets of their conversation due to his furry little problem.

Remus Lupin was left wondering if the trio of transfers were really who they claimed to be, or threats from the upcoming war.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Hey!

So, chapter was alright but I really loved the couples, and I feel a bit excited now because Remus is suspicious of the three!! Can't wait to write more! Also, I just love the twins in that scene from Goblet of Fire, they're the best!! 

Also, what do you guys think about Catherine and George? I kind of ship them but then I don't want to break George's heart for when they'll have to go back. Someone tell me what to do!! 

Let me know what you think of the chapter, and do give suggestions for the upcoming story if you have any!