Chapter Two

Rubina's breath hitched in her throat, sharing a knowing look with the Weasley twins

Rubina's breath hitched in her throat, sharing a knowing look with the Weasley twins. Her heart started racing as the realisation dawned upon her, that this boy is indeed her uncle. Rubina's eyes trailed onto the boys around James Potter, and her eyes widened as her gaze fell upon a boy with curly black hair, sharing the same greyness in his eyes like her.

Dad.

Next to him, was a sandy brown haired boy with a kind smile on his face that Rubina knew from anywhere.

Remus.

The last boy was small and still had some of his baby fat, his watery eyes curiously looking at them. Rubina's blood boiled at the sight of Peter Pettigrew, the traitor.

"Are you alright? You look a little pale."

Snapping out her daze, Rubina's attention turned back towards James.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Could you show us where the Headmaster's office is?"

James grinned. "Of course, been there several times." He stood up from his seat, not before ruffling Sirius' hair, who scowled at him, while fixing his hair. Rubina giggled at the sight, knowing how fond her dad is of his hair.

James walked out first, with the three trailing behind. He glanced back, "So I'm assuming you're all new to Hogwarts?"

Rubina nodded while Fred and George said. "Right you are!"

James kept walking but asked, "Where did you go before?"

"Ilvermorny." said Rubina the first thing that came to mind. She saw James frown, deep in thought.

"You guys sound British though."

"Well, mate," said Fred with his usual amusing voice, "we were brought up here, but our parents moved for some time. We recently moved back."

James however placed a hand onto his chin, further in thought. "Why would you move back now? I mean, a war seems to be coming up. A dark wizard named Voldemort is rising, and collecting followers who are called Death Eaters. Why would you want to come back now out of all times?" He asked with a suspicious look.

Rubina's mind went blank, clearly unable to answer the question. George, however, spoke without any uncertainty.

"Well, yes that's true, but our parents wanted us to spend our last year at Hogwart though, since they went here."

Rubina caught on. "And my parents are muggles, so they don't know much about the wizarding world, but they needed to move back for business, and I had to persuade them as well because these two were moving away."

James only nodded, but remained wary of the mysterious trio. They approached the stone gargoyle in front of the Headmaster's office.

"Huh, that's odd." said James. "Usually asks for the password, but anyways," he turned towards the twins and Rubina, "just go up the stairs and you'll find the office."