Before the wolves could approach us, a wave of flaming arrows flew above our heads, landing in a perfect line in front of the wolves. The wolves were stopped by the wall of fire created. The wolves snapped at us, but kept their distance, obviously cooperating with whoever they were working for.

One of the larger wolves shifted back into a human man and stepped forward. I immediately recognized Vace's face from the photos of Blaze's beaten body. Fallon was scratching at my mind, begging me to rip his throat out then and there, but the more rational side of me knew fighting wasn't an option. We were outnumbered. Even though I felt warrior wolves rushing towards us, I knew it wasn't a good idea.

"I apologize for my warrior's irrational attack. We were just passing through and were startled by seeing other wolves. We were sure we were in No Man's land," Vance spoke sauvely, a friendly smile never leaving his lips.

Against my instincts telling me it was a bad idea, I shifted into my human form in order to talk to him. A glare was perminnent on my face.

"This is Starlight's territory, hard to mistake when packlands have such a distinct smell. And judging by the fact you and your friend's lack of scent, you've led me to believe that you did in fact know this was a pack's territory. Care to enlighten me?" I accused, keeping my calm.

He laughed humorlessly for only a moment before placing his fake smile back upon his lips. "You caught us. You are quite smart for such a young Alpha." I did not respond even though he waited for me to. He frowned slightly before continuing. "You see we are a small nomad pack from Canada, and recently my daughter, Lia, went missing. I've been concerned for her safety, so we have been wandering in an attempt to pick up her scent. I apologize if we startled you and your little Omegas, but we mean no harm. We will be on our way." He started to back away, and his pack followed suit.

My heart pounded in my chest as an idea flickered in my head. I felt the warriors approach us, ready to attack at my command, so I let my mouth go.

"We will let you leave the grounds safely. I hope you find Emilia soon," I replied with a polite smile on my lips. Vance's eyes hardened for a moment, making contact with mine. What I said dawned on him instantly, but he only let it appear on his face for a brief moment. His forced smile returned and he turned with his pack to flee.

As soon as they left the packgrounds, the flames that burned on the arrows went out all at once. I turned back to see a confused group of people. I took a deep breath, glancing at Ace, before coming up with a plan in my head.

"Macey and Clifford, take the Omegas back to the packhouse. Omegas, when you get back there, start packing any essentials you and the pack may need." People stood still as the realization of why I was ordering this came over them. I turned to Felix, then. "Felix, you go to Henry's dad and start organizing all the warriors. I'll be there soon to speak to them." Henry's dad was the head of the warriors, and considering Henry was Felix's mate, this sounded like the best plan. Those groups left, but Ace stayed instead of going with the Omegas.

I turned to the remaining warriors who came to service. "I want you guys to survey the lands, make sure there are no lingering wolves. They were covering their scents somehow, probably magic, so you can't rely on your noses to track them down. Look for anything else suspicious and let me know as soon as you find anything. Check in every ten minutes by mindlinking Alex," I ordered the men. They didn't hesitate to nod and run off into the woods.

Now it was just Ace and Alex in front of me, both looking bewildered.

"Where did those arrows come from?" Ace asked as soon as I looked at him. I glanced at the line of arrows, then up at the trees.