Auf Widersehen

You scoffed, studying the the door

You scoffed, studying the the door. You shifted into a Prey Mantis, and Five picked you up, placing you on the ledge.

"What the hell are you doing?" Lila exclaimed as you continued to observe the door. "Stanley is gone! We need to face this!"

"Just check the chimney!" Diego yelled back.

You dug your claws into the ledge and tried to pry it back. Nothing.

"He's not in the bloody chimney! He's been Kugelblitzed!"

"And whose fault is that, huh?! You're the one who brought him here!"

You shifted back into yourself as you watched the two argue. "I can't open it."

Five turned to Lila and Diego. "Congratulations. You're both mildly terrible parents. Can we focus? Come on. Y/N can't find a trigger. How did this thing open before?"

"I don't know. It was already kinda open." Diego replied hurriedly, looking under furniture.

"'Already kinda open.'" Five repeated. "You know, Diego, you should have been an engineer. It's a lost opportunity."

"Why'd you wanna go in there anyway? It's just sushi and death." Lila cried, hurriedly stress eating.

"Stop acting like a pregnant woman." You crossed your arms. "When we met Future Five in the Commission bunker, Five warned himself about Oblivion. Now, Pogo told us--"

"Wait, whoa, whoa!" Diego cut you off. "Pogo's alive?"

"Different Pogo, but yes." Five replied, before picking up where you left off. "They monkey said Dad spent years training the Sparrows for some kind of super-secret mission into..."

"Oblivion?" Lila asked.

"So, we come back here and find that you two sentient STDs have actually been in there." Five motioned to a door. "Everything's leading to Oblivion. So we have to go in there."

"Hell no! Not happening."

"No way! We barely got out alive."

"You look fine to me," you scoffed, turning back to observe the door. "Besides, this is about more than just the two of you."

"Hey, loving sister of mine. You still have all your fingers."

"What-- OH MY GOD!" You almost screamed as Diego held up his hand.

"I didn't get this from giving a mummy a hand job, all right? I went in there, and I lost my fingers to this thing with... with a knife and on a chain."

"Diego, slow down." You pat his shoulder. "You're stuttering."

"Hey, look," Lila stepped forward. "Diego might be 90% moron and 10% pelvic thrusts, but he's right about Oblivion, okay? We're not just gonna waltz back in there because you say so."