353*354

May looked at the ring for hours. Occasionally raising her arm and turning her hand to watch it shine in the light then downwards to stare more.

Riley coughed, commenting timidly, "It's already late Boss. Let's sleep. The ring will dissolve soon if you keep staring at it." They were sitting on the lounging chair in the living room.

May laughed. The ring was very simple;  not elegant at all. Riley had bought it in the town proper, but it was -real- gold. She bet it was the most expensive ring in the town. It looked perfect on her finger, it was like a symbol, a constant reminder of when she heard Riley's confession of love in public.

She pouted,  turning her head to look at Riley,  "What's with the audience? I mean what if I said 'No?' Then everyone would gossip about how you failed."

Riley grinned. "That's why I brought an audience, so you can't say 'No'. I know you Boss; you definitely wouldn't let me be the laughing stock."

May's face twitched, but deep inside she was screaming with joy. "Hmmp! Who told you that? I can, and will, say 'No' in public if I didn't want to marry you."

Then her eyes shimmered as she said, "Ohhh! Just wait, I'll call the others."

May excitedly grabbed her phone and went outside to get the signal. The signal out there could really be a pain in the ass. She would need to go to a particular spot for a better signal.

The first person May called was Lisa.

Lisa rubbed her ear, because the first thing May did when she answered the call was scream. "I'm engaged! I'm getting married. Yahoo! I'll be giving your twins a playmate soon!"

Lisa laughed and congratulated May. She was in her car with Cobra and Jim,  on the way to pick-up her husband.

"Did you let him know I'm on my way?" Lisa asked Cobra as soon as her call with May ended.

Cobra gulped and  said, "Yes Mrs. Liu, we informed him properly. The General knows you are coming. He instructed us to let you know that once you arrive, don't go to his office. He will find a way to meet you as soon as you reach there."

Lisa scoffed. "That bastard!" she muttered. "How dare he treat me like a mistress!" She was furious. She knew her husband was only acting, but it was definitely Megan's fault. She would not let that snake enjoy her husband that much!

'Forget me?' she mused irritably. She had learned from her reliable sources that, by now, Jungkook was supposed to forget her already and leave with Megan by tomorrow.

"'Forget' my ass!" she huffed. She would make sure to pluck each strand of hair from Megan's head tonight!

Cobra gulped, glancing at Jim helplessly. Both men could do nothing, and the pair ended up following Lisa's instructions. How? It was like she had hypnotized them. She talked to Cobra and Jim one-on-one last night, explaining everything: the pros and cons of her plan, while assuring her and the twins' safety at the same time. Both he and Jim found themselves agreeing in the end.

The General would definitely kill them afterwards, but Mrs. Liu eased them of their worries, saying she would vouch for them, shielding the two of them from General Jungkook's wrath.

"If only I knew this would happen. I wouldn't have let him enter Liu Group. Instead, I would have him remained in the Military to be trained as the next Field Marshal! Look at him. Still meddling with military affairs anyways!"