277*278

Two weeks have passed since their discharge from the hospital, and Lisa woke up early as she was so eager to go back to work again.

She was humming while she was readying herself. Jungkook laughed, seeing how excited his wife is, and asked, "Ready to go?" Lisa nodded, and they headed to the car.

"Madam, please bring this," said one of their helpers. It was a packed meal.

Her mother insisted on sending a few helpers for the couple, and they did not refuse. Jungkook agreed that having some helpers around the house would help in looking after his wife and monitoring her well-being better, especially when it comes to dealing with all her cravings. Having the helpers around, Lisa could now have any dish she wanted, and it would be homemade instead of store-bought, so Jungkook wouldn't have to worry about the meal being unhealthy.

"What's this?" Lisa asked, and Jungkook answered, "I made it for you. Just try it later and see if you like it."

Lisa beamed and gave her husband a sweet smile followed by tiny smooches on his face, which made the helper look away in embarrassment.

Jungkook dropped her off in front of the Cooper Network building. The moment she stepped into the newsroom, she was warmly welcomed by the news crew. Everyone was excited to see her again and hugged her while giving her words of affirmation.

"Welcome back, Lisa!"

"We all missed you, kiddo!"

"You're amazing, and we're so glad you came back safe."

"We should celebrate later!" Jazz suggested, and they all agreed. They also heard the news about her pregnancy, so they congratulated her on that too.

Thea watched them from afar, with a gentle smile on her face as the scene before her warmed her heart. Lisa was well-loved by everyone, not because of her true identity, but because of her personality. And she really admired her for that.

"You did not tell them yet?" Lisa asked when they were left alone to review some news items.

Thea shook her head and smiled as she replied, "I informed them about my pregnancy, but not about Jeru. I want to keep it private for his sake. Thankfully none of them has pried into it. Besides, my growing stomach would not be that noticeable to the viewers anyway."

It was true. As a news anchor who delivered primetime news from the studio, it was not difficult to hide her pregnancy. She only had to sit behind a desk, of which height they could always adjust to conceal her lower body.

"Oh yeah, right, Gavin will be leaving soon, and they were looking for his replacement. I think you should try," Suggested Thea.

Lisa laughed as she said, "But then they would have two pregnant women delivering the primetime news. I could already imagine Director Holmes going bald from scratching his head as he goes nuts from it. Besides, I'm sure they prefer a male anchor to accompany you…"

Thea laughed too, but then she recalled, "No, no, no, I think you really should try. I remember they said they were planning to add two anchors next to me, one male and one female."

Lisa's eyes twinkled when she heard that, "Really? Okay, I'll think about it."

Then she looked intently at Thea before she added, "By the way, you seem really happy now, and I'm so glad to see that. It was nice to see you and Jeru the other day, and both of you seem to understand each other well. Jeru was a bit too rigid and full of pride before because he's the only son of the Lius. But behind all that, he really is a nice person. He will definitely take good care of you and your baby."