Fruits of Training | Chapter 6

Tessia Eralith POV

For the past year, I have made considerable progress in my swordsmanship and plant magic and have developed several vivum techniques.

When we first started training, Arthur would train me in Vivum techniques and other useful aether arts. I told him that I wanted my training to be on my own and that he should devote more of his time to training himself. He relented and let me be.

I can't be a burden to others any longer, in the previous timeline I was constantly a damsel in distress and always needed to be saved by him. But now, I have an asuran body and an aether core, even if he has his past life backing him I no longer want to be on the sidelines always relying on Arthur I want to be fighting his battles beside him. Even if he is way ahead of me in terms of fighting experience and influencing aether, he shouldn't have to fight by himself a second time. For that, I need to get stronger and devote more time to the dimensional training room. I asked Regis and Sylvie to help me train. Sylvie would spar with me in swordsmanship and sometimes conjure golems of either pure mana or earth magic. Regis acted as a dummy for my spells and sometimes I would spar with him only using wind, vine, and soul fire spells.

Because of their training, I was able to get as strong as Alea and Aya but never be able to beat them. Of course, I knew that it was mainly because of my immature body.

My influence in aether also got tremendously better and have developed several aether arts of my own as well as learned how to use god step from Arthur.

"And with we end our meeting, remember that we got another one next week on our progress" Grandpa announced to the others.

I was so lost in thought that I completely forgot that we were in a meeting with the elven nobles who agreed to invest in this project after seeing the results. The rest of the day went by quickly with Art and I creating more core-forming artifacts and other matters that we had to tend to as per what was discussed at the meeting.

"Okay, Tess show me what you learned," Art said getting into a stance with his aetheric sword in hand.

"Ready when you are" I grinned at him. I got into a battle stance with my own aetheric sword in hand.

Currently, Art and I are in the dimensional training room along with Sylvie and Regis. Arthur wanted to test me if I'm ready to move on to the next edict. He asked me to strictly use only aether techniques for the duration of the duel and only use mana when I'm using realmheart.

Both Arthur and I stood still both of us not daring to make the first move. You could feel the Stillness in the air, a cold tension writhing in my body alerting my hone instincts. Instincts that I've trained both night and day to obtain. There was no sound from either of us or the audience as a cold breeze in the air glid against both of our skin like a blanket in a cold sea. Stars littered the gorgeous night sky indicating that it was night.

Regis and Sylvie stood by the sidelines with anticipation as even if it's Arthur who they are watching they know full well how much time I've put into training and that one false move on Arthur's part he may lose the match.

Deciding to make the first move I dashed forward and with a swing of my sword I brought it down on Arthur, but he blocked it effortlessly. He didn't move anymore more than an inch of his leg. His right arm in the air with his sword blocking my strike horizontally.

This is going to give me an opening. . .

WIth my left leg I put some space in between Arthur and me. He won't give me any openings and it's not like he has any. At this level, the only way for a person to have one is to make one.