Necessary Ally | Chapter 2

Tessia Eralith POV

As Art walked out I also excused myself. On the corner of my eye I could see grandpa eyeing me with a renewed interest. The same expression he gave art but it wasn't a smile but rather a thinking expression.

'Seems like he picked up on my mana core and beast will already.'I thought to myself as I closed the door behind me.

Deciding to check up on Art to and ask him what our next plan of action is; I began making my way up the stairs and down the hall to his room. Knocking on his door I spoke to him.

"Art it's me"

Hearing footsteps coming closer to me and then coming to a halt. The door began to open and revealed a shirtless Arthur with a towel over his head. On the bed I could see Regis on the bed and Sylvie on the couch.

I blushed at the sight of him shirtless in front of me but still remained my composer in front of him.

"Come in" He spoke simply

Walking in I spoke up, "so what's the plan? Do you intend to let things play out the same just like the original timeline and work on the artifacts during your stay here."

"The first part is planting the seeds. We need gramps help for this, as little kids we don't have the influence to make adults take us seriously." Arthur replied, putting a shirt on and robe over it.

"Wait, so you intend to. ." Arthur cut me off

"Yes, I intend to tell gramps about our time travel, and I believe that seeing my skills and mana core in person is evident and if it that is not yet believable I believe that he also sensed your mana core."

I nodded. Arthur finished cleaning himself up with Sylvie on his shoulder and Regis inside of him.

"They're also part of my plan" Art said reading my mind

We walked down the hall and down the staircase and into the meeting room where we just were and as expected Grandpa was right there still overthinking things.

Deciding to snap him back to reality I spoke up in a manner I knew would catch him off guard.

"Hello Grandfather, let's have a chat. . ."

Arthur Leywin POV

As Tess spoke up, gramps's eyes snapped in our direction. Seeing that he was having trouble picking the right words to say, I started the conversation.

"Let's have a seat just the three of us. I know that you must have questions as to how Tessia and I have mana cores already and how mine is already at the dark yellow stage. So please sit down so that we can explain everything"

He nodded and took a seat then gestured for us to take a seat after him.

Tess sat next to me and Sylvie sat on my shoulder. Both looking at me to start. Taking a deep breath I spoke, "Elder do you believe in time travel?"

He looked at me then at Tess, "Not necessarily, but there are many hidden secrets in this continent that not even the best of artificers are able to dig up and dangers that even the strongest of mages have to be wary of."

"Would you believe us if we told you we were from the future?" I followed up on his statement.

His eyes locked on both Tess and me.

"Normally I would call anyone insane, but coming from a 4-year-old and 5-year-old who already has their mana cores and a beast will that is for some odd reason a higher rank than mine, I might believe you"

"It's true grandpa we are from the future. As for how we did that it's up to Art whether or not he wants to disclose how that happened it's his choice." this time Tess spoke up