Chapter 1: Fury POV

I lazily scanned files. Since the battle of New York, I'd been working on re-reading every older file I possibly could, and as a result gotten two and a half hours of sleep over the course of a week and probably overdosed on caffeine.

One caught my eye, a level 3. Most of these were 9 or 10, with nothing but stuff like stealing that had already been taken care of on their records, nothing to worry about.

I picked it up and read the name. Maximum Ride. The file was short, listing a few incidents in which the sixteen year old girl had been spotted near or caused.

I set it aside and continued through the pile.

A few boring, normal files later, I came across a level 2. Perseus Jackson. Like the other file, his was short, however there was a second page aside from his basic information that was a list of all his crimes and incidents. Apparently all charges had been dropped, but I set this one aside as well.

The rest of the pile was mundane, so I looked back over the files. They were still alive, somehow. These kids had been in more accidents then Tony, and he'd fallen off the tower once. The only reason he survived was because his suit caught him before he could go splat.

"Agent Hill, call in the Avengers."