...

As the day went on, I noticed Quinn acting weird. At first I thought he was hungry when we walked through the halls together. He was itching his arms and rubbing his eyes, signs of hunger. We had AP biology together after lunch, and that's when I realized it was something more. His eyes started glowing in the middle of class. I don't think I've ever whipped out sunglasses so fast. Thankfully we were sitting at the same lab table, so I shoved them in his hands. He gave me a questioning look but put them on begrudgingly.

In my notes, I scribbled my reasoning, making him tense when he read it. We only had to bear another twenty agonizing minutes of class before we both bolted out of the room. I pulled him into a nearby storage closet as fast as I could.

"What's wrong? Why are your eyes glowing?" I speedily questioned. He took off his glasses and looked in his phone's reflection to examine his glowing eyes.

"They only glow on two occasions. You witnessed one when my wolf came out, but he's pretty sedate right now," he explained slowly.

"So what's the second reason?" I urged, staring into his extra creepy hite eye.

He pursed his lips, reluctant to answer. "When something bad is going to happen..."

"What?!" I couldn't help shouting in utter confusion.

He sighed, leaning against the wall. "I don't know, they just do that. Whenever there were attacks on my convent growing up, my eyes would glow. It's not a normal thing for an incubus or werewolf or even a witch. It's like being able to sense the future. So my guess is your pack or the witch convent are going to be under attack soon." I stood there for a second, absorbing the information before ripping out my phone.

First I called Xander who had already sensed my distress. I was about to call Joseph, but he was already calling me.

"The witch convent called. They are sensing unusual activity with Vance's pack," he announced through the phone.

"Not surprised considering Quinn's eyes are literally glowing," I yelled in frustration into the phone.

Joseph was silent for a moment, before speaking his plan. "Okay, meet me in the parking lot. We will go to the convent together. I'm assuming Xander is preparing your pack?"

"Yes," I breathed through the phone.

"Okay, let him do that while we try and figure out what the witches think happened and prepare them if they are about to be attacked. Quinn, track them down." The last part sounded like an order, but Quinn didn't mind. He nodded obediently.

I didn't even say goodbye to Quinn as I rushed through the halls. There were still some wandering wolves, but not for long because Xander yelled through the packlink that we have to prepare for an attack. I watched dozens of shocked wolves scramble through the halls to their cars and racing out of the parking lot.

I got into Joseph's car, not even bothering to hide the fact to the other students, but no one seemed to notice us driving off together in all the chaos.

"Will Quinn be able to track them? I've heard he was good at tracking, but not much other than that." There was clear concern in my voice. Joseph gazed at me quickly before turning back to the road.

"Quinn has this thing, that it doesn't matter what his target is, he will always find it. Whether that be throwing a knife at them or physically tracking them down, Quinn will find what he wants. I'm not sure how he does it, but he does. He's also good at tracking magic, which I assume he picked up from the witches. If he gets a hold of someone or something that has had magic used on it, he can find who casted the spell," Joseph explained hesitantly. He probably realized how it sounded when he spoke it aloud.

"Do you know who his parents are?" I interrogated, sounding a little more harsh than I meant to.

Joseph winced at my tone but didn't mention it. "I've had my suspicions, but I don't know the full story. I don't believe he's only an incubus and werewolf..."

He looked away as if he was ashamed of what he was about to say. "He learned quickly. The witches who trained him, Gloria and Claudia, taught him everything they knew and thensome. He was always good at tracking, so they taught him how to track magic by blood. When I first met him, I was convinced he was part vampire because of how much blood he consumed." Joseph laughed at this, but there was slight sadness projecting in his voice.

"Why blood?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation more lighthearted since I knew Joseph was getting overwhelmed.

"Magic leaves a residue on the people it's been used on. It stays in the bloodstream for up to 6 months. Witch healers will taste the blood of their patients to determine what type of magic was used on them to better treat the patient. Quinn picked this up quickly and was better at deciphering the different types of magic than even the most experienced witch healers." Joseph paused, sighing a shaky breath. "So they moved him onto something they hadn't even mastered yet... They called it heart harvesting, which is a lot more pleasant sounding than it actually is." Joseph grimaced at his own words.

"What's that?" I urged the man, now more eager to understand the strength of my friend.

"The heart is where all the blood in your body passes through, so it absorbs most of the magic. If consumed, witches are able to track the direct source of the magic, like who casted the spell. Not many witches were capable of mastering this, but Quinn..."

Joseph clenched the wheel as if it hurt him to reveal such information about his brother. I understood his hesitancy, so I didn't push him.

"Let me guess, he picked it up quickly?" Joseph nodded slowly.

"Not only that, he was able to do something else too... He doesn't only know the witch's location that casted the spell, he can also see and hear exactly what they do. Almost like an-"

"Oracle?" I finished. It was a question, but we both knew it was more of an answer. We both had our suspicions of who Quinn's father was. The question lingered in the air between us, but neither of us made a move to speak it out loud.

"You've done well keeping him safe," I acknowledged, but Joseph didn't say anything to this. He's been trying to protect Quinn all these years, but it was hard to ignore what was staring at us right in the face.

We pulled up to the convent's main house, greeted by several frantic witches. Joseph led me through the house, bringing me to the main room where they held a crystal ball as cliche as it sounds. The ball had a map on it with a small pointer that obviously pointed to a specific place, but the ball was twirling, not deciding on a place to stop.

A woman with long black hair that complimented her dark skin tone, dark eyes, and black cloak, approached us with a worried face. "The only way for the spell to act like this is if there is another witch interfering. We can't seem to find them, but the last place they were was Valley Hills." Valley Hills was a town just outside of the Starlight Pack.

"Quinn is tracking them now," Joseph announced, which seemed to calm the woman instantly. I guess she knew Quinn and his abilities.

I was about to speak when my phone buzzed. I pulled it out revealing Quinn's name. I answered and put him on speaker so we could all listen. "Blaze, I found them. They just entered Starlight territory, and there are a lot of them. They are about to attack."