Souls (P) [part 1/4]

(Hi! Here is the first part of the mini story, what I wrote from Starzxx128's idea. I loved this request, that's why it became long. There will be: a Y/n with a magical family and a gift to see and talk to souls, a moving into Encanto, and Madrigals, and more. Oh, and a few pov changing. But I'm not speaking any more, let's see the story!)

The whole town of Encanto was extremely excited, all because of a certain L/n family moving in. The townspeople were told that they have powers, and everyone wanted to see them. There was a 5 years old boy, a 15 years old girl, and their parents, as they knew. Well, they shouldn't have known the fact that they have powers, but we all know Dolores can't keep secrets.

Y/n's pov:

So today we moved into a new town. It happened in a really weird way. Dad can teleport, so he handled all the 'moving the stuff and us' thing. He used his power to get everything inside our new house, and then ourselves.
While he worked on the boxes and other stuff, I sat in the window, waving my legs, and talking to Leila. She is my best friend, although she is dead. Oh yeah, I can see ghosts. But I wouldn't call them ghosts. They are like normal people, only a bit transparent. So I was chatting with Leila.
My little brother, Daniel ran circles around our house for the last time. He has super speed, and he runs circles if he has too much energy.

My dad came back again, and called out.
"Everyone, I'm done! Come on, let's see that town!"
My mom came in the living room, and sent a message to my brother. I mean, with telepathy. Because my mom has the power of telepathy. My family is cool, isn't it?
Daniel came in, and we all gathered around dad. He reached out both his arms, and I grabbed one. Mom grabbed the other, and Daniel hugged him. We all closed our eyes, and waited for the feeling of pressure. Teleporting is like you were pressed from every side. You can get used to it, and it's only 2 seconds, but it's still bad.

I felt that feeling, and when it vanished, I opened my eyes. We were in a beautiful house, all the rooms had pastel colors, and the furniture was already in place.
"Ooh, I have the biggest room!" my brother ran inside a room painted in his favorite color.
"They are the same size" came my mom's telepathy-message. I just chuckled, and walked into my own room.

There was a lot of boxes in the middle of the room, filled with my things. I huffed, wanting to leave it there, but knowing I had to pack these things out. I walked to the only window in my room, and as I looked out, I saw a lovely and lively town, full of happy faces. I smiled.
"Like it, don't you?" I heard a voice, and jumped at the sudden sound.
"Leila, no need to give me a heart attack!" I turned from the window to my bestie. She sat on the boxes, and smiled at me.
"I asked something" she stated, and stood up, still on my boxes.
"Umm, yeah. I like it. I think" I answered.

She started walking around on the boxes, playing like a little kid. I watched her smiling, remembering when we first met. She will always be a child, even though she seems like a teenager. She died at the age of five, in some kind of an illness. I was the one who told her that she is a ghost. I was five too, and we are besties ever since. The living kids never liked me, because of my power. But ghosts always do.
The dead people can change their age and body, so she grew up with me. She learned with me, and she experienced life with me, but from a different perspective. Her soul however stays five years old, that's why she has a childish personality.

"Okay, guess i need to unpack these" I sighed, opening a box. She just sat down, frowning.
"I want to help" she whined.
"You know you can't" I stated sadly. We're here again. Sometimes she gets sad from the fact the she can't touch anything.
An idea came to my mind.
"Go visit the kiddos" I exclaimed. Okay, too much. I wouldn't need to say it like this. I scared her, but then she smiled.
"Good idea, I haven't seen them in a while" and with that, she just disappeared into thin air. We called the child souls kiddos. I don't know why, it didn't even matter.
Well, she left so I can pack my things. It may sounds evil to send her away, but I don't want her to be sad.

Like an hour later I heard my mom. Or more likely I received her message with that damn telepathy. Once she just started speaking in my head, with no warning, nothing. It's always freaking me out.
"Hey everyone, we are invited to dinner, remember? We need to go in fifteen minutes. Wear something elegant please, we want to make them like us" she gently spoke, but it still sent a shiver down my spine.
I opened my closet which I just closed five minutes ago, and picked out a black dress. Well, I'm not emo, but I like black. Black reminds me of my gift. The dress was still kinda cute, but again, black, and it made me look like a little vampire. This will be good for a first meeting.

I put on a light makeup, just to make me seem more like a ghost. I like my power, and I like ghosts. And I don't want to make Leila sad because "she can't be this beautiful" as she says when I make myself a lively makeup.

I walked into the living room, where I saw my dad and Daniel all dressed up, ready to go.
"And here is my little bat" dad grinned. "Don't you know colors?" he shook his head playfully.
"Y/n, what you want to do with your hair?" Daniel asked.
"Umm... Nothing?" I answered more likely questioning.
"Can I braid it?" his eyes shined. I sighed.
"Of course you can" I said closing my eyes and sitting down on the floor. I felt a gust of wind, and then a little tugging on my hair. He was careful. He liked playing with my hair, and he didn't use his gift to speed up the work. When he finished, he added a black hairband.

My mom just came in the room, seeing us like that.
"Mi corazon, your dress. I understand why you sat down, but next time use a chair please" she rambled.
I got up and grabbed my brother's hand what was stretched out towards me. We all stepped out of the front door, and walked along the street. Everyone sent curious looks towards us, and sometimes I was barely able to hold back my laugh. I got used to it, but still. They have a much bigger family with gifts and they're so interested in us. It was funny to me.

When we reached the big house (as I was told later, they call it Casita), it opened its doors for us. My parents walked in confidently, but my brother was holding onto me like this would be the end.
"Come on, it won't be that bad" I tried to get him moving. "They have great food" I smirked, and that was the point where Daniel walked in with me still tightly holding my hand.

We were met by an old lady, who explained a lot of things in two minutes. She got out really well with my mom.

Alma's pov:

This new family looks so perfect! Well, the parents and the little boy. The girl... I better hope for Mirabel and Camilo to avoid her. But more likely Camilo. She seems like the villain itself. And no one told me about her power. Maybe she hasn't got any.

Anyway I led them into the kitchen where mi familia already gathered. I told them about the new people's gifts before but I don't know what the girl can do so I said she has no power.
We entered the kitchen, and in a second everyone stared at them.
"Welcome to Encanto, my dears" Pepa smiled with a rainbow above her head. I looked around the room. Everyone greeted them. Good, good.

Camilo's pov:

I heard the door open. The whole family watched as those poor people enter the kitchen. Then everyone greeted them. First I looked at the parents, they seemed nice. But then my eyes landed on their daughter.

I froze. Wow. She looks like a vampire princess. With that dress... Uhh, I better not catch feelings for her. She still has a personality what I don't know yet. And the fact that she has no gift... I think she will be best friends with Mirabel. Or I don't know.

As I gazed at her, lost in my thoughts, she noticed and turned to me. We were like three meters apart, and she didn't speak. She just smiled at me, a sweet smile what I didn't expect. I smiled back, suddenly feeling relieved. She can't be rude.