Part 15 (A Way Out)

Start from the beginning

"Sure..." I take her to my car and take her home. When we do I get her a glass of water and go talk in the living room.

"I've been trying to reach you." I tell her.

"I know."

"Why didn't you answer me?"

"I've been dealing with some things... Personal things." She says so I wouldn't ask.

"Why was Marc with you? Is he threatening you again?"

"No. We, uh... actually back together."

"What?" I ask angry. "Are you fucking kidding me?! This guy leaves you stranded, hits you, threatens you and our daughter and you got back with him?!!"

"We want to make things work."

"Oh, bullshit! What is this really about?! Is it because of what I said?"

"No, you were right about that. I don't have a job, or a career... all I have is this baby and my husband."

"Oh you gotta be kidding me." I start pacing around. "This isn't like you."

"You don't even know me."

"I know you enough to know you wouldn't do this! Freya!!" I yell at her but then calm a bit down. "Are you so scared of this guy you're willing to risk your life and our baby's?"

"I can't be with you, if that's what you want."

"Why not? You didn't have a problem with it the other day."

"Are you kidding me? People will ruin you... Great basketball star a wife stealer, not only that but he also knocks her up."

"I don't care what people think! I control my life, not them. Besides, I thought you were gonna divorce him."

"It doesn't matter... Even if I do it'll be the same thing. Knocked up girl leaves husband to be with her baby daddy."

"So you're worried about what they're gonna say about you..."

"No, don't you see it? Either way it goes, they will find out who I'm married to and he'll be humiliated publicly! He won't stand for that, he'll kill me and ruin your life."

"Why?"

"Would you like to be humiliated like that?"

"No... And I meant, why would he kill you?"

"To get to you and me for cheating on him... I didn't tell you the whole story. He said that he'd kill me, and leave the baby at your doorstep and blame you for it." She cried at the thought of it. "He will ruin your life."

"Why the hell would I kill you?"

"According to him, you found out the baby wasn't yours."

"There's DNA, it'll prove she's mine."

"It doesn't matter. Proving that it's yours doesn't mean you didn't do it. You might've just thought it wasn't and just did it... I have to protect this baby, and I'm not gonna let him ruin your life."

"Is he really this crazy?" I sit next to her.

"I don't know... I'm afraid to risk it."

"If you pay this person, they will have no reason to come kill you and you can call the cops on Marc."

"I already told you I'm not taking your money."

"I don't care! This is my daughter too. And I am going to do whatever it takes to protect her... I'd rather die than bare the thought of that piece of shit touching my daughter when she's born!"

"And you think I do? I don't even want him to look at her!"

"I knew it, I knew you were lying to me. You don't want to be with him."

"I—"

"No more excuses, no more lies... How much do you owe him?"

"I can't."

"Do you want to live in fear for the rest of your life?"

"No." She shakes her head. "But how do I know he's not just gonna get out of prison?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there... How much?"

"Eight thousand." She says ashamed.

"Alright... You can't tell Marc about this."

"Oh yeah let me just tell him I'm about to send him to prison." She says sarcastically.

"Alright, okay. I'm sorry. Come on, I'll take you back."

 ————————————————————————

Will Blake's plan work?