TWENTY-NINE✔️

*****

  "Babe, can we talk over wine?", Lexy has asked when she called, and sine Keila wasn't busy at home, she obliged.

   Currently, Keila and Lexy sat across each other at a bar, waiting for the waiter to bring the wine they ordered. They talked on random stuffs before it arrived.

  "We finally chose a date", Lexy told her best friend.

  "Ohh nice, congratulations baby", she shouted truly happy.

  "Heyyo, keep it down".

  "Nah, it worths more celebration yunno. We could pop champagne", Keila squealed demonstrating it.

  "Yeah sure. No champagne though", they both laughed.

  "I'm really happy for you babe".

  "Thanks nuthead".

  They both whined before the wine arrived.

  "My treat", Lexy said.

  "No rejection my lord".

"Damn, this would still be my best in years to come, the taste is great".

  "Yeah nice. It's chilling this evening", Keila stated.

  "Yunno frankly, there is a reason we are out here".

  "I guess to celebrate you".

  "It wasn't the main point".

  "Oh then, whaaaa?".

  "Calm down".

  Keila took a sip of her wine to demonstrate being calm and Lexy laughed her off.

  "Kei...", she started

  She knew her best friend was ready to be serious when she called her name that way in a conversation, what could have been so serious, she wondered.

  "Yeah whatsup?"

  "You really aren't gonna take Hayden back?".

  She lightly hissed provoking Lexy, who hated that but said nothing.

  "You attempting to ruin my evening with this discussion is like murder".

  "I'm not kidding here babe".

  "Neither am I, isn't it obvious?, I'm moved on and he has to also".

  "I keep feeling you broke up with him for a reason that wasn't genuine".

  "Lexy you're in no position to tell that to me okay?, you weren't in my shoes and that's why. If you had been the one going through what I was going through, never would you think of telling this trash to me. I loved Hayden, so much, but conditions seemed to change that. It wasn't easy to cope with the family hatred of a thingy, and besides, he was cheating on me, Lexy can you take that?. He is even very far away that I have little hope of a future with him. Just imagine you getting married to James and then he has to go far away and ends up cheating on you, while you're here patiently waiting for him to come back and make things right between you two, trust me, you could file for a divorce, this is all shit, I'm done with him, and the next time we have to discuss about him, it might be the end for us, you can take my space in his heart if you so care about him and not my own feelings, you're my best friend and you should take my side not his, don't get me so worked up right now Lex, no way am I getting back with Hayden", Keila said raising her voice so high she got a lot of attention drawn from people peacefully having their evening out.

  "Yunno, I've always known you to be more cultured than what you displayed right now. For heaven's sake you're at a public place and you screaming your lungs it to prove a point is useless and stupid".

  "You should not tell me what to do or judge me silly".

  "I'm your friend, your best friend, last I checked and if I don't talk truth with you, who else should, prolly that girl who gives you wrong advices".

  "And who is that, if not you right now?".

  "I'm just here to tell you, having a change of mind wouldn't so hurt. Keila, you can't justify that Hayden cheated on you by the evidence you live on, I might be wrong but still I can tell you were not even patient enough. And mind you I'm not taking his side but doing what I feel is right. You keep bringing up his family, you only have a problem with his mum, even his best friend in the picture is not ready to have anything to do with him".

  "How do you know that?".

  "Cause what you are supposed to patiently hear from him, you are not ready to".

  "So he confides in you?, keep feeding on his lies, I won't buy them".

  "Stop making yourself blind when you really want to see the truth babe".

  "I'm not blind, you are the blind one here".

  "Fine, go ahead and do all you want, I pray you don't regret this and lose something you shouldn't have lost".

  "I stand to loose nothing with zero regrets, you just wait and see".

  "Yeah keep it up with trying to get the person that's not interested in you and would never be".

   Keila got so infuriated thinking Lexy just talked about Miles and what she did next, was what she never could have imagined herself doing to her best friend.

   She slapped her.

   Everyone had their gaze directed towards them but Lexy didn't look embarrassed. She smiled instead and stood up.

  "Thanks, if you're painting me black here cause I just want the best for you, and I get this, then I guess it's out of my control".

  "You should have been more careful in dealing with a business that's not yours. Just wait till I get what I want to your face bitch", she spat at Lexy obviously going overboard.

  "Then I'm sorry, thanks for the great evening I had with you, I should leave now".

  "Leave and lets not meet again".

  "I have no energy left in me to argue anymore, goodnight".

  "A bad night to you", she muttered and sat down back uncomfortable with the stares she was getting, she was hating herself for having acted out that much.

  Annoyed, she picked her phone and walked off towards her car. She got in and rested her head trying to get herself calm but she was getting more infuriated.

  "This is all Hayden's fault, I'm sure he would have called Lexy to talk to me, can't he get that we can't work anymore, and she was just so stupid enough to approach me that way", she thought and before driving off, she blocked and deleted their numbers.

  She didn't need any other distraction asides from getting Miles to herself.

******

  That was some sorta overreaction Keila, Lexy didn't deserve that. And it doesn't look like you will get Miles anytime soon.

Kaptaine Babbitt ❤️