TWENTY-EIGHT✔️

*******

  Keila had worked for about three weeks at her new place of work. It was better than the former although she was at times very nervous because she felt she carried a whole nation on her head and she needed it to be better than it was.

  Other than being duly focused at her job, Keila soon found out that something else was distracting her mind lately. Yeah!, right, it was Miles.

  She had been looking for ways to at least have a personal conversation with him, but it was all in vain, he seemed to always give her attitude when she was with him. She knew she liked him and she decided to work on him liking her too.

  Okay Keila get your grip, she talked to herself a hand on her forehead disturbingly.

  She didn't know what she liked about him or what attracted her to him mainly, she was never so abrupt with liking someone.

   When she had met Hayden, they were just friends, for months before he started to like her. She didn't like him until she knew she likes him, LOL.

   But in this case, it wasn't like Miles liked her enough for it to push her to love him, but whatever was wrong, she liked Miles.

   She waited for the company's closing time and allowed almost all the staffs to leave, she knew he would still stay for a while and cross check all the submitted files for the day before passing it to her, but she wasn't going to wait for him to come to her. He was doing it reluctantly these days, and he would leave almost immediately he came to her.

  Without invitation, she entered his office.

  "Miss Keila".

  "Save the formality".

  "Can I help you?, I was just about bringing the recent loss account to you".

  "Yeah, don't worry, I came to get them myself".

  "Okay, I'm almost done, so preferably you go back to your office and I will get them to your table in no time".

  "Am i discomforting you?".

  "Huhh....of course not", he seemed to choke on his words.

  "Well then, I will just wait till you're done".

  "Make yourself comfortable", he pointed at the couch in his office".

  "Sure", Keila went ahead to seat and then watched as Miles went through the remaining files and wrote some stuffs out. She admired his competence and she soon got distracted looking at his finely divined face. He was actually handsome and......

    "Here, it's done", his voice brought her back to present and she saw that he was feeling awkward the way she stared at him.

   She coughed to clear the air.

  "Good job Miles".

  "Thanks", he said and stood obviously waiting for her to leave.

  She did after a while, and Keila could swear she heard him heave a sigh of relief. She wouldn't give up and make him hate her, she needed Miles to reciprocate her feelings.

  She knew she was being stupid because he had a girlfriend and obviously a girlfriend he so loved and he wouldn't look at her yet.

  "I haven't been after a guy all my life cause they always seemed to be into me even if I didn't want them. This is the first time I will and I'm not about to let it slide for anything, I should have him at all costs", Keila said to herself and smiled when she got into her car. She had a plan.

  She immediately had the urge to inform Lexy about what she wanted to do but she felt discouraged, Lexy might not support her and she didn't want anything that would change her mind from her plan.

  Oh shit, she couldn't have forgotten there was someone better to confide in. Changing her mind to call the person, her phone rang instead, when she saw her ex' name pop up the screen, she was irritated as if her mind might suddenly leave the whole new plan it had devised.

   "What is it Hayden?", she said non challantly.

  "Keila".

"I am busy right now".

  "Sorry to call at the wrong moment but please we need to talk".

  "What do you have to say?".

  "Look I'm not fine the way we are".

  "Cut the story Hayden, we are done".

  "Can you give me a time we can talk better, you said you're busy".

  "I don't have any time for talks right now, I'm more busy than before, getting back with my ex is not a priority, and besides I like someone else already".

  "I don't think you can move on so fast Kei, what we shared wasn't just short time memories".

  "I have gotten over it, please do too, bye", she said and cut the call immediately.

  Straightening her hair with her hands to ease frustration, she could almost curse Hayden for running her day, she badly wanted him fully out of her life to achieve her new goal.

  "Let's do this girl", she cheered herself and after she caught Miles drive off the garage, she left too.

********

Wild Hearts🌚❤️