Drunk Night

Kei
6:10pm, Sunday Evening

I parked my car and went inside the venue to find Kageyama. I saw him waving at me from one of the tables. I waved back and hurried to sit down by him.

"Sorry I'm late, there was unexpected traffic." I apologized.

"No, no, it's fine, this place is a bit far from yours, so it's understandable."

He gave me a reassuring smile, which made my heart skip a beat. Okay, stop overthinking this. This is just a get together. Nothing less, nothing more. Just hold it in like you used to.

"Shall we order now?" I asked.

He nodded in response. Later on, the drinks came in and so did the food. I can handle one bottle of beer. If I go beyond that, I might not be able to drive Kageyama home. I meant to drive myself home...

Hours had passed and Kageyama certainly drank a lot. I tried to stop him on his second bottle, but he refused! We did talk and eat a lot, but I'm worried about how he'll get home in this state.

"Hey, let's not chug the beer like it's water, okay? Give that to me. " I said and reached out for the bottle in his hand.

"No! You're no fun! " He said this as he drew the bottle closer to his chest.

"Kageyama..."

"Tsukishima, this is my last one, I swear!"

"You've been saying that since we started."

He's out of it. His cheeks have this pinkish glow. His ears are red from the cold and alcohol. His eyes are half open, looking into mine. His lips are plump and red.

I gasped and snapped myself back into reality. It's getting late. I should really get Kageyama home.

"Hey, it's getting late. We should get you home. May I know your address so I could-" I was cut off.

"Home? Oh I can't! Shoyo has Kenma over, so I said I'll go to my sister for the night. "

"Your sisters? Can you even go to her in this state? "

"Thats the problem... I can't, especially with my incidents before. "

"What? What incidents?" I said with concern.

"Nothing!!! I'll be fine. Just drop me off at a hotel or something."

He said, then passed out, head down on the table. He's hopeless. What will I do with this guy? Can I even take him to my home? I guess it's the only way I didn't bring enough money today. I could've booked him a hotel.

I stood up and placed his arm over my shoulders for support.

"Okay bud, let's get some rest." I said while helping him stand up.

"Where to?"

"My place."

"Like a sleepover?"

"If you put it that way, sure."

I paid the bill and we headed out to my car. After a few struggles here and there for him to get in the passenger seat, we finally got going. Well, I expected a nice drive home with this guy, but it seems like I'm dealing with a half-dead person.

We arrived at my place, and I finally got to place him on the bed. I sat by him and caressed his black, soft hair. This guy.. I told him if he was a lightweight I would leave him on the streets. Now look at him laying on my bed.

"Now get some sleep. If you need anything, just give me a call. I'll just be at the coach, okay?" I said.

"Tsukishima..." He tugged on my shirt.

"Yeah? What's up, do you want water? "

"No, I um, can I hug you?"

What? My eyes widened at his request. I was lost for words. I couldn't even tell him my response. I was just looking into his eyes and I could feel something from them.

"Tsukishima, please?"

Oh God.

"Yeah, sure come here." I stuttered a bit.

He sat up and got on my lap. He wrapped his arms around me while his head was resting on my shoulder. I was frozen in place. I didn't know what to do. I sat there staring into nothing.

I could feel his hands gripping my shirt. His arms hugged me tighter every second. It's like he's burrying himself into me.

"Tsukishima, you're not going to be disappointed in me either, right? "

The atmosphere changed. The tone of his voice changed. My surroundings felt heavier. I felt like there were needles in my heart. I couldn't breathe. What does he mean by that? Is there something I don't know?

"What do you mean by that?"

"Please don't be, I'm scared. When you came back into my life, I felt safe again."

His hand on my shirt slowly unclenched on my shirt and his arms gave out. He fell asleep. What was this random confession? I'm so confused about what happened to this guy and why do I not know about it.

I placed him gently back on my bed and tucked him in nicely. I looked at him one more time and cupped his cheek.

"Just to let you know, I'll never be dissapointed in you. Goodnight Tobio, sleep well."

I sat up, turned off the lights and plopped on the coach. My mind couldn't stop thinking about what happened. There must be something that I don't know about. It has to be related to what Tadashi said before.

He didn't look good on the first day we met, but I didn't mention that to him so he wouldn't feel uncomfortable. But on the same day, moments later, his eyes light up, especially today.

Whom should I contact? Maybe Hinata? He is his only friend, and they have most likely kept in touch over the years. I just can't let this slide.

I searched for Hinata in my contacts and finally found it. I dialed the number and waited for him to pick it up.

"Hello? Tsukishima what? What's with this random call? It's late in the night-"

"Hey, I'm sorry I just have a quick question."