Story: part 2

We went on for a few days being surprisingly pleasant, as it turned out, we also sat together in English lessons.  It definitely seemed like all of year eight's pointless arguments were in the past and I still do believe that they were.

  Not much happened for a while, we texted for a bit every afternoon and we started videocalling, though that went badly once:

I have a pet bird. He's a cockatiel named Dylan. There's a picture below and he's gorgeous.

At some point during a videocall I said I was going to go and find Dylan because I love showing him off- he's beautiful

At some point during a videocall I said I was going to go and find Dylan because I love showing him off- he's beautiful. The boy said that it was okay- for me to do that- and that while I did it, he would go and get changed for karate. I assumed that he would leave, get changed and then come back in his uniform. I left my room to look for the bird and about five minutes later I walked back into my bedroom, I entered dramatically,  fully indenting to loudly announce our presence, but as I stood: just in front of my door, I could see that the kid was stood- getting changed but definitely taking his time- in his underwear in front of the camera. I quickly left- with Dylan- and cautiously reentered after a few minutes, but the moment still haunts me occasionally.

  Everything between the two of us was really casual for a few more days... before he was randomly not in school one day with no explanation and not answering my messages or calls.