Chapter 42 - bombshell

Start from the beginning

"That's a surprise, I genuinely thought you'd pick this one, since it's the fanciest out of them all" said my personal Assistant, Linda with a chuckle as she pointed to another piece of paper that held a different design.

"Funny enough it's the one I hated the most," I replied "I don't know why but it looks like all those useless and unnecessary pieces of decor you'd find in a spoilt Brats room. I want something simpler and more unique, so this does it for me" I added, pushing the other three pieces of paper away and sticking with the one I chose initially.

I was having a meeting in the lounge area of my workspace, which is a cozy, dimly-lit space with a massive TV, plush cream couches and a massive neon Beige 'Novage' sign at the back, taking up most of the wall, with the small team I had created which consisted of myself, Linda, my manager Sofia, Ifeoma, and Salma. We were choosing the perfect packaging design and discussing the creation of an online store amongst other things.

That workspace was just temporary though, I decided to rent the 7th floor at church gate towers, just until my dream headquarters is finished and ready to use. It was under construction at that moment and still at the very early stages, but when it's finished, I planned for it to be a huge two storey building that houses a photo studio, a showroom, a video room, offices for staff, my personal office, a glam room for both me and models, a conference room, a kitchen, and maybe even my own laboratory so that Salma and Ifeoma can work their magic by themselves.

"So what about marketing?" I asked as I handed Linda the paper with my preferred packaging design for her to submit to the graphic design team "I was thinking we could work with some influencers to give us a bigger push, but what do you guys say?"

"I don't think you need any influencer to push Novage" said Sofia.

"Then how is it supposed to get that push? Of course we'll need someone with a huge influence to help with that,"

"I know, and what I meant was that you are that influencer. You're more than enough to grab the attention you need," she said "let's face it, People either love You or love to hate You, there's absolutely no in between.
Your influence undeniably runs deep, And so does your business acumen," she added "for example, you started teasing your followers about Novage not long ago, but it's official page has over 100k followers already and people don't even know exactly what the brand is about, all they know is that it belongs to AY and that was enough for them to develop an interest"

"Yeah, Sophia is right" Salma agreed, and so did Ifeoma by nodding her head "not that you shouldn't work with any influencers, but not at the early stages. Put Novage out there by yourself first, and then you can bring whoever you want on board later"

When I took a second to look at it, I realized that they were right. I had all the means to grab as much attention as possible for my own brand by myself. Like Sofia said, the official Instagram page already gained over 100k followers and all I did was post a close up shot of my face a month after I discontinued any other skincare product I had and solely focused on using on Novage's samples. my skin was clearer, fuller, softer, much healthier and glowing like never before. The difference was very noticeable that some people swore I used Facetune, and that made me happy because that means we got the formula perfectly, even better than what I would've expected us to pull off, at least for a start.

We discussed a lot more things that needed to be ironed out and started the process of creating an online store before calling it a day, which I should've been excited about because I would finally get to eat, take a long shower and sleep, but the problem was that I didn't even want to go back home, not until after Maghrib and it was just barely past 1pm at that moment.