𝟬𝟬𝟮

𝑨𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒊 𝑫𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒚 𝑫𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒔

I woke up smelling breakfast cooking, I'm a early bird so everybody else was sleep. I don't know how all 5 of us slept on this thin ass black sectional. It looked like them sleepovers with all ya cousins at your favorite auntie house.

I got up and peeped in the kitchen seeing a middle aged man making breakfast.

" Need anything?" He said hearing me, but he didn't turn around.
" Umm do yall have any water bottles" I quietly said, I was nervous asl I hate asking people for shit.

" Yeah it's in the fridge"
" Okay thanks" I walked to the fridge getting some water.

" Aye before you leave out the kitchen can you take the biscuits out the oven"
" Yes sir"

I took em out the oven and sat them on the counter.

" I can help you finish breakfast, Ian got nothing else to do"
" Umm you don't have to but you can"
_______________________

" I underestimated you lil one, you can throw down in a kitchen"
" Thank ya I got it honest" I sarcastically did a hair flip.

" Ohh I never caught your name"
" Ashanti, yours?"
" Call me Daniel"
" bet" I smiled.
" Now go wake up the monkeys and tell em to come make they plates "

I went to wake them up everyone got up except  for Jace.

" Whew pops that food was good as fu-"Sevyn said getting cut off by Daniel.
" Watch it" Daniel rolled his eyes.
" Thank you for the food but me and Ashanti got to go" Lyrick shoved our leftovers into a to go plate.
" Alright yall be safe out there"

" we live in the projects yall is not walking home alone"Zeus got up putting on slides.

We walked out the door and he made sure me and Tink made it out the projects safe.

" Hope I see yall again, yall cool asl"
" we won't be strangers " I dapped em up then me and tink went our separate ways to go home.

________________________

" Hey mama" I walked in the house seeing her on the couch.
" Hey baby, your dad is outside in the pool if you wanna go say hey"

I didn't even reply I was so happy, I hadn't seen him since he visited me when I went to the hospital. He always away doing business in other countries so I'm barely able to see him in person but he makes sure to call and text all the time. He also always buys me everything I want and need to make up for his absence.

I walked outside seeing him sitting on the edge of the pool, I pushed him in.

" What the hell" He said coming up from out the water, smiling when he saw me.
" Hey princess"
" Hey dad" I smiled.
" Long time no see, staying out of trouble?"
" You know me I'm a child of god"
" I know dats right, and you okay bout the Antonio situation"
"...yea" My smile went away.
" Aww baby I'm so-"
" How long you gonna be here?"
" The whole summer, I wanna spend time with you before your senior year"
" Good, mom stresses more when you're gone " I smiled and walked back in the house.

_______________________

𝑨𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒍