Space

It went against every reasonable thought in my head, but I couldn't let him go without talking to him.
The years of walls and boundaries I had built up to protect my heart were screaming at me to just forget him.
But I couldn't.
Because as much as Reid thinks that he's some cold-hearted, unloveable man, I am so fucking in love with him.
Even the parts where he gets annoyingly possessive, or irrational about things. He feels like the first safe place I've ever known and I wasn't going to give up without a fight.
And I knew he had feelings for me too, talking to him only solidified that.
I wanted to run into his arms as he talked about how I made him feel, his mind so set that what he was feeling was something horrible or dangerous.
But I understood him in a way. I left him to think about how he feels, hoping he would be able to get past his doubts and understand that he loves me just as much as I love him.
And if not,
Well at least I fucking tried.
We had a long weekend off work and I decided I needed a break from everything and just be with myself.
I let my sister and some people at work that I would be offline and they could reach me next week.
I powered off my phone, and took some time to myself.

Reid POV:

Love...
Love? I can't believe that.
What even is love? I just feel attached to her in a strange way, like this weird need to be around her.
Kind of like this magnetic pull she has on me. Is that what love is?
I mean I care about her, I think about way too damn much, I couldn't imagine being without her again, I-
Fucking hell- she's right. I'm whipped.
After a long while of trying to figure out how I got myself in this position, laughing to myself at how I'm actually fucking in love with someone.
God she's fucking incredible
I needed to talk to her, and before she came to her senses and wanted nothing to do with my stupid ass.
I love her.
I'm crazy about her.
I call her number and get her voicemail,
I leave her a message saying that I needed to talk to her and apologizing for being an incompetent asshole.
I waited a few hours, pacing around my house and waiting for her to reply.
How could I be such an idiot.
I had her at my door, telling me how much she cared for me and I just sat there.
I couldn't eat or sleep or anything while I waited. The more I thought about what she told me the more I realized how fucking in love with her I've been for weeks.
I just couldn't admit it to myself till it was too late.
The sun started to go down and I still hadn't heard from her. I worried that she may want nothing to do with me anymore, or was ignoring me to give me a taste of my own medicine.
I called again, once more going straight to voicemail.
"Please Bambi, just talk to me. I'm so sorry, and I know I don't deserve another chance with you but please hear me out."
I waited a few more hours, still getting nothing.
I texted her, starting to worry.
"I know you're mad, you have every right to be, but please I need to talk to you."
No response
"I care about you so much baby"
Nothing
"Please just let me know your safe and I'll stop, I'm getting worried here."
I waited hours with no reply. I looked over at the clock beside me, seeing it was 3am now.
I couldn't sit still, and I knew it was stupid but fuck it I had to know she was alright.
Even if she was pissed to see me, I just needed to make sure.

Mila POV:

I had really enjoyed my time to myself, walking to a farmers market this afternoon and picking up my favorite pastries.
I went to the park near my house, eating the baked goods and spending some time reading. The weather was perfect, and I did my best to keep my mind off Reid.
I had given him the opportunity to talk to me when he's figured out his mind, and that's all I could do.
I didn't want to waste my weekend away, being sad about him
I got home, taking my time to make myself one of my favorite diners.
I put in some music, dancing around the kitchen while I cooked.
For a few hours I forgot about Reid and everything else going on in my life.
I went to bed, trying to relax as I remembered last week when Reid had stayed with me.
I couldn't believe he drove all the way here in the middle of the night to make me feel safe.
I had known for sure then that I loved him. So much.
I wasn't sure if he would ever admit to himself that he felt the same, but despite what he says I do know him. And I know why this is so difficult for him.
.
I'm woken up out of my sleep, turning over to see it's almost 4:30am.
Who the fuck is here right now?
I climb out of bed and to the door, seeing a disheveled Reid at my door.
"Reid I-"
"I know I fucked up Mila. Bad. And you have every right to tell me to go to hell but please let me talk to you." He says
He hesitantly meets my eyes and I can see the guilt on his face. He looks like he's ill with dark circles and his skin pale.
I open the door to let him in, and he looks down at his shirt I was wearing.
I see a small smile form on his face as he notices.
"You were right Bambi" he admits
"I know I am" I say, raising my eyebrows
He reaches out to hold my cheek but I turn away. I wasn't going to make this easy for him.
"I'm so sorry Mila. I heard that you loved me that night and panicked. I couldn't understand how someone like you could feel that way. And I thought I would never be able to feel that way about anyone." He explains
I nod slowly, waiting for him to continue
"I thought that what I felt for you was something that would hurt you. I was scared at how much it consumed me and I thought I would only break you if I stayed." He tells me
I hum, enjoying how I'm the one making him squirm for once.
"Mila I fucking love you. I think I've loved you since I first met you, I just didn't know. I love every fucking thing about you." He tells me sincerely.
I couldn't possibly hide the massive smile that grew on my face.
"Oh yeah?" I taunt
"Yes, and I don't deserve you but I'm hoping you might let me prove to you just how much I care for you." He sighs
"Hmm, and what are all these things you love about me?" I grin
"I love your smile, fuck- your lips, I love your voice, I love how you smell"
I slowly walk to him, my heart warming at his words.
"I love your attitude and how stubborn you are."
"Mmhm" I say, wrapping my arm around his neck.
"I love your soft skin, fuck Bambi please let me hold you" he rasps
I sit down straddling his lap.
His arms wrap around me, holding me tight to him as I melt into his embrace.
"I love you too Reid"