Alexis

"You okay?" I asked as I walked in the house. Kemari was sitting in a recliner spaced out.

He glanced at me a second later and looked me over quickly, "Yea, I'm straight gorgeous," he said grabbing my hand. He placed a kiss on the back of it.

"Hmm, what if we moved?" I asked. It was something I'd been thinking about.

"We just got here. Where the hell we gone go?" Kemari asked as I had three heads attached to my neck.

"Like out of state, go somewhere new and start fresh."

"I'm not running from nothing or nobody."

"It's not about that bae."

His phone began to vibrate against the arm of the chair he was sitting in. "What's up?" He answered.

I went to turn to go back towards the kitchen and suddenly a huge puddle of liquid hit the floor and I became to feel some intense pressure. I placed my hand on the way to hold myself up.

"Kemari!"

I tried to fix my breathing but nothing was easing the pressure up.

"Bae Drako u-... Yo water broke?"

I couldn't respond but just shook my head. The pressure eased up.

Kemari runs around the house like a mad man looking for the bag we packed for this very moment. I pulled out my phone to call Kimora.

"My water broke." I said as soon as it sounded like someone picked up.

"Bitchhhhhhh! It's time? Mari told you Drako up?"

"He was trying to but then he saw my water broke. I'm happy as hell he pulled through but this shit hurts like fuck. HURRY UP KEMARI!"

My phone beeped in my ear, I took it off my ear and saw it was Dre. "Hold on Mora." I said then clicked over.

"What's up Dre?"

"It's Trey..."

I instantly had an attitude hearing his voice. I sucked my teeth, "Seriously-"

"Dre is gone," he said cutting me off.

I huffed, "Gone where?" I questioned.

"We was picking up some from his baby mama and some niggas came outta nowhere. He was shot and she was hit."

My heart dropped, "His what? Trey what the hell are you talking about?"

"Dre has a son. We pulled up to drop some stuff off to him."

My pain intensified and I dropped the phone trying to keep myself from falling. Shit had me knocked off my balance.

"Come on," Kemari said grabbing my arm.

"Get my phone. It's Trey. He said some-... Oooow."

I just shut up and headed to the car. All I wanted in that moment was this pressure to ease up! Kemari got me in the car and ran back inside the house. I tried breathing like they said do but nothing was working.

"Ain't nobody on the phone," Kemari said getting in with it in his hand.

"He said Dre got killed."

Kemari looked at me, "What?"

"He got kid went to drop some off and got killed." I repeated calmly, finally feeling the pressure ease up.

"Damn Bae, you straight? I know y'all shit was weird growing up but still."

"I'm fine I just want this over with."

***

Two hours and 3 pushes later, we were the proud parents of twins. I was overly in love. Kemari hasn't stopped smiling.