Alexis

I walked in my professor office. We had to schedule times to meet with him to go over our papers. I sat down in the empty chair in front of his desk.

"You did an excellent job. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your paper. Have you put some thought into what you wanted to get your bachelors degree in?"

"No, not really."

I didn't plan on continuing once I got my associates degree. I already had a lot of money on loans out and I didn't need more. That was already a trap within itself.

"You could do great things being a writer Alexis. There are a lot of good programs and you could really take that degree in any field from journalism to becoming an author yourself. I would give it some thought. Don't let that talent go to waste."

I nodded my head and smiled.

I was really was just ready to get outta there and get this part over with. I am glad I did good on my paper though, that's a plus.

I looked down at my phone and it was a text from Kimora. I glanced over it quickly and saw she was going to spend the night at Drako house.

"I'll think about it Mr. Freeman." I responded turning my attention back to him.

"Alright then that is all for me. You can submit your rough draft as your final copy."

"Okay, Thank you Mr. Freeman."

I got up and walked out. I made my way out the building to front where Jeshae was parked, waiting for me.

"What's up?" She asked as I got in the car.

"I aced my paper. Thank God."

She laughed and playfully rolled her eyes, "Girl you kill me. You knew you was gone pass."

"I was still nervous. I knew it was good but it was amazing according to my professor. I don't even have to do a final draft. I just gotta submit my rough draft as my final draft."

"Mhm hm. So what's up with you and Kemari?" She asked pulling off. I wasn't feeling the tone of her voice, she sounded mad.

"What you mean what's up? We on the same shit we always on."

"A lil birdie said y'all been getting a lil cozy and it wasn't just talking shit all damn day."

A lil birdie?

"The birds lied and you a bird for listening to it," I retorted.

"So you don't like him? You don't have to lie to me Lex."

"And if I did?" I questioned with my brows raised, shifting my upper half of my body towards her.

"No need to get defensive. I'm just asking." She popped her lips.

"It's nothing for you be concerned about like I said."

I rolled my eyes. Nosey ass.

Crossings my arms I faced back forward. It was silent the rest of the way.

As soon as she pulled in, I hopped out quickly.