Alexis

2.9k words 👏🏽 Y'all like extra long chapters or nah?
Go comment crazy.
I love to know what you guys think of the story! I'll be responding. -A
________________________________

"Man what's up with you?"

I turned to look back at who was talking to me. He had life completely twisted if Darrien thought he was about to get an ounce of my time.

"Go fuck yourself Darrien."

He pulled at my hand trying to slow me down. "Alexis, forreal... My fault."

I snatched my hand away and kept walking. If he said anything else he was talking to himself. I tugged at my bag strap as I sat on the edge of the bench. I pulled my phone from my pocket to see a text from Kemari.

I couldn't believe we are even a thing! To say I was happy as hell is an understatement. Although part of me thinks about the what if's and the fact that anything good always has an ending. I didn't like to dwell on the fact but it was still in the back in my mind. When I was with him, or around him, or heard his voice that all melted away.

It like we were getting serious early as hell but it just happened so naturally and the crazy part is we ain't even had sex or anything to that nature yet. However regardless of whatever happened, I know he'll be mine forever. Our bond was already built on that solid fact.

My phone began to vibrate in my hand, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What's up Dre?" I said to my brother. I was wondering if he was going to call me after our dinner the other night.

He was shocked and disgusted to learn of everything that went down with our folks. I haven't even fully processed it and would rather not, but I figured he needed some space to think through it.

"What's up sis? Where you at?"

"I'm still at school currently. Kemari should be pulling up any second to pick me up," I responded looking towards the entrance road into the school to see if I saw him yet.

"You was talking regular as hell till you got to his name. I can't wait to talk to this nigga."

I laughed, rolling my eyes, "My voice did not change and you will later on. Just don't do the most Dre."

"Me? Do the most? Over my baby sister. Never Lex Lex."

"Andre."

"He seem chill so I won't get outta pocket. I wasn't able to be there when all that shit went down but I'm back now and anybody trying to get to you got to go through me first."

I smiled, "I know but don't blame yourself for not being able to be there. You were got making something good of yourself. Be proud of that."

"I hear you Lex but I'm a man and as a man I'm supposed to be provide and protect. Two big roles. We ain't have no pops in the picture to do shit for us so I felt like it was on me to try and be some of that. I just got some caught up in work and the next thing I know two years flew by. I should've been there to protect you and made sure you was straight. You might act nonchalant about it but that shit would bother the most peaceful person."

"It's okay. I got my self out of it and I'm good now. Kimora opened their home to me and I'm safe, sound, and secure."

"I hear you."

I look up and see Kemari coming down. I get up and start walking towards the street.

"I'm about to get in the car. I'll call you around 6 so we can figure out where we eating at."