Epilogue

What is a life, if not a story? The years go by as chapters in our adventures...and if we are lucky, by the end our book will be long and filled with struggles, triumphs, happiness, and love. We must never forget to cherish those chapters, no matter if they might be painful...for they are our gift, our privilege. We must take the good with the bad, and be thankful we have been given the opportunity to write another scene. Another moment. Another breath. And if we are given a second chance to write a new ending...oh, how we must seize it!

Elsa never forgot her gratitude. And she was ever the eager author of the pages that remained in her personal story.

There was joy in the year that followed the events of the Horsemen and their deathly leader. The wars came to a close as Elsa spread love across the kingdoms. The Plauge burned itself out with no further loss of life, and Arendelle began to rebuild what they had lost. There was no hunger from the Famine, as the Kingdoms pooled their resources wisely. As Manny had promised, peace was known by all.

Elsa announced her intention to leave the throne just before Christmas. She was to take a husband in the far off land she'd visited during the Famine...a noble King that she loved fiercely. It hadn't been too much of a lie...for Jack would always be her King. The people of Arendelle had been shocked, but they loved Anna and warmed to the idea of her impending coronation almost immediately. It would be a couple years before Anna would be old enough for her position to be official, but she was a diligent student to her sister's teachings.

"Are you sure about this?" Jack had asked Elsa one night as they'd laid in her bed.

Elsa looked over her nude shoulder to smile at him. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

Jack traced the curve of her hip with his fingertip, his brows knitted in worry. "It's a big sacrifice. You love Arendelle...I hate to see you give it up. Especially when you don't have to. We could find a way to make it work."

Elsa rolled over, resting her palm against his cheek. "Jack, you don't always have to worry about me." She whispered. "I love Arendelle, yes...but it's a different kind of love. A love anyone might have for the place they grew up. I knew happiness here for a short while...but I found my meaning with you. With the Guardians. The job I've been given deserves my attention...every bit of it. It wouldn't be fair to Arendelle to stay...and it wouldn't be fair to me, either. Because I'd be miserable spending so much time away from you." She kissed the tip of his nose, then smiled. "Does that make sense?"

Jack smirked. "Are you sure you're only 22? With wisdom like that, I'd think you were at least half my age."

Elsa chuckled, then leaned in to kiss him. "I love you...even if you are kinda old."

Elsa traveled with Jack frequently, learning how to exercise her new power and watching with great joy as the magic worked amongst the people who needed it. It did not take long for Elsa to fully realize just what an honor it was to be given the title of Guardian, and it was one she would bear with great pride for the rest of her days.

Christmas was a busy time at the Pole, so Jack and Elsa shared a quiet holiday in Arendelle with Anna and Kristoff. Long after gifts had been opened and dinner enjoyed, they'd been gathered by the fire drinking eggnog when Kristoff offered Anna one last present: a ring, and the promise to love her for the rest of his life. There had been happy tears from both sisters, and Elsa had been more than happy to bless that particular marriage.

The New Year brought new blessings as Elsa and Jack exchanged their vows at the Pole, surrounded by the ones they loved the most. Even Manny had been in attendance, beaming with pride as he walked Elsa down the aisle. And as the couple spoke of love and faithfulness at the altar, even the tall, rather fuzzy best man seemed to have something in his eye.