Thea smiled and nodded. Her cheeks blushed when the topic changed to Jeru. That day, she and Jeru could not finish what they had started because Jeru received an urgent call from the office right after his grandmother had left.

'Maybe we could continue later,' Thea thought and giggled unconsciously. Lisa gave her a mischievous smile as she teased her, "Did you just have a naughty thought? I can tell you already like him a lot."

Thea could only give Lisa a bashful smile. Then she suddenly smacked her forehead as though she just remembered something and told Lisa, "Oh, right! I met her. Old Madam Liu."

"Ah, such an overbearing lady, right?" Lisa commented with a smirk. She was sure the old lady must have made Thea feel intimidated at their first meeting.

Lisa listened attentively as Thea narrated how she met Jeru's grandmother and confided about how the meeting had made her feel.

"Don't worry too much and trust your husband to handle it. Just try to be as nice as possible to Old Madam Liu because she's still an elder, and she's Jeru's family. You know the saying, kill her with kindness, and leave her confused," Lisa advised her with a wink, which made Thea laugh.

Lisa suddenly sighed and looked so dejected, "I'm craving for something sweet now..." Thea laughed at Lisa's pitiful expression. She stood up and said, "Let's go have a snack at the cafe. There's a lot of sweets there you could choose from."

The two women entered the cafe and were greeted by their big boss, Bernard Cooper. "It's good you're finally back, Lisa… Safe and sound," Bernard said, as he treated them both to some sweet snacks.

"Are you waiting for someone?" Lisa asked when he noticed Bernard keep looking at the clock. "Yeah.." Bernard answered, timidly.

A woman approached them. Although she was wearing quite a simple dress, it did not hide her sophisticated look. She smiled at them when Bernard introduced her.

"This is Deyna Song, my girlfriend. Please don't mention this to Xander, Lisa… You know that bully won't stop teasing me once he finds out," Bernard pleaded, which made Lisa laugh.

"Alright, boss, no problem! Just remember to treat us to more snacks in the future and rest assured that these lips are sealed," Lisa said as she gestured the act of zipping her own lips.

Lisa suddenly felt her stomach churn and quickly excused herself to the restroom.

"My girlfriend is a doctor, and she's a good one. She's the one who helped Ryu Ken regain his consciousness," Bernard said when Lisa was back. Thea had informed him that both of them were pregnant.

Deyna smiled shyly as she gestured for Bernard to stop praising her. 'She's so cute,' Lisa thought, and casually stated, "Geez, how I hope big bro Xander could also meet a nice woman like Deyna…"

"Let her check on you, girls. She's really an excellent doctor. She could tell your conditions simply by checking your pulse…" Bernard proudly offered.

Lisa immediately extended her wrist to Deyna to get her pulse checked.

"Hmm, are you in the first trimester? Your pulse rate is considerably fast. I may be wrong, but it looks like you're pregnant with twins. But please let the ultrasound confirm it because I could be wrong," Deyna advised. She then informed Lisa that she was quite healthy and there was nothing to worry about so far.

Lisa could barely conceal her delight as she tightly clenched Deyna's hands and declared, "Oh gosh, if you're correct about the twins… I promise I will grant you any wish!"

Then she turned to Bernard and jested, "Boss, you should have her work at Yang Hospital. She'll be able to kick my cousin brother out and replace him as the director…"