They needed to buy more time so Lisa signaled one of Leon's men who was standing near her to relay her request to Leon. The man quickly did as he was told.

Leon had a broad smile on his face upon hearing the old lady's special request and the amount of money that she was willing to spend in order for her request to be granted.

For the next fight, Leon did not tap his screen to trigger the random selection. He went to the center of the ring instead and announced Lisa's special request to the audience through the microphone.

"One of our very special guests here has offered a generous amount of money so she could pick the particular fighters she would like to see next, instead of letting them be picked by the machine."

Then he shouted, "What do you say? Shall we grant her this request?"

Thea crumpled her face. She knew what Leon was up to. He was not asking the audience to leave the decision entirely to them. Why wouldn't he accept the old lady's request given the amount of money he would be receiving from it? There was no way he would let go of this money-making opportunity.

He was announcing it to the audience in order to let them know that such a thing is possible too. And he hoped that more guests would ask the same request in exchange for some hard cash.

Lisa also knew about this, but they did not have any other choice but to go to this extent. She was well aware of the risk of Jungkook being requested to fight again by some of the other guests.

But of course, she would not allow that to happen. She already signaled for Lana to put in the next request, immediately after her. She had brought tons of money for this and she would spend every single dime of it to make sure her husband is safe.

As expected, the bloodthirsty crowds cheered in agreement. Lisa picked two fighters whom she noticed were closed to the man called Sting who had lost from her husband. These people were obviously not good people. They were barbaric fighters who were in it only for the kill.

'Let those bloodsuckers fight against each other!' she thought.

The fight ended and Lana quickly followed after Lisa and made the request. Leon's face brightened. Lana was allowed to pick the fighters for the next match.

'Hang in there…' Lisa wanted to comfort her husband.

"Three more hours," Jeru murmured. If they were lucky, back-up would arrive in three hours.

*******

Lana was allowed to pick the fighters for the next match, and just like Lisa, she chose two fighters whose eyes reflected their thirst for blood and their desire to kill.

And true enough, the fight was savage. She had to control herself not to vomit on the spot. The fight had finished and ended in an extremely violent way that the face of the fighter who had lost was no longer recognizable.

Lisa was also horrified at the sight before her. She could not understand how the crowds could enjoy watching a spectacle as violent as this and call it entertainment. She had been sheltered her whole life, and even after having reported news from some dangerous areas, she still couldn't grasp the extent of the world's cruelty.

She was disgusted. She must let those ruthless fighters fight and kill each other.

She made another request but panicked when Leon turned her offer down, saying he would give the other guests a chance to pick some fighters as well. To her horror, the next requested fighters were Jungkook and a man called Cobra.

"That man seemed to be close with Jungkook," Lisa murmured. Jeru noticed it too. Jungkook indeed seemed to be close with the fighters whose alias are 'Cobra' and 'Pretty Boy'.