Drey paused at Lisa's laugh and was glad to see her spirits raised. He then whispered to May, "Alright, I will convince General Liu and the rest to allow you to join the team, as long as you can make Lisa laugh like that again."

May crumpled her face and said, "What am I, a clown?"

Drey raised his brows and said, "Yes, precisely! You will be Lisa's clown. That's the only way I will help you join the team." May no longer complained. As long as she could be of help, she did not mind whether she would be a clown for Lisa or a chef for the group. Yes, she ended up studying culinary arts because of her love for food, and she had become one of the best young Chefs in the country because of her diligence and great passion for food

Lisa looked intently at Lana and May. She understood their intention and she couldn't help but feeling touched. She always knew how lucky she was to have a group of amazing friends like them.

She then gave them a warm and gentle smile and said, "I really appreciate it, guys, but it would be a dangerous mission, and I won't allow you to be in any kind of danger..."

May pouted her lips and protested, "What is this? Aren't you just ditching us? I heard Thea will join too. So how come she's allowed to join and we're not? Is it because it's okay to put her life in danger, unlike ours?"

Lisa sighed and shook her head. She was about to say something but was interrupted by Lana, "Stop it, Lisa. We have made up our minds, whether you like it or not. We are fully aware that it's a dangerous undertaking and it's not to be taken lightly, but if you think about it, there are dangers everywhere in our daily life too. For example, I could just be crossing the street later and got hit by a car. Did you know that distracted drivers are a major cause for traffic injuries and death? Injuries can happen anywhere, on the road, at work, at home, even at the hospital! Did you know how many medical malpractice claims that I have to deal with at my work? So if it's really our time to die, then there's nothing much we can do about it. Besides, could you guarantee that I would die from old age, and not from some kind of an incurable disease before I even hit thirty? Would you be able to shield me from that too? So don't even try to push us away from this. This was our own decision. We want to be by your side, especially now during these tough times."

Lisa was rendered speechless by Lana's words. She couldn't think of any arguments for a retort. No wonder she was already making a name for herself at the legal world despite her young age. But how could this friend of hers say anything about her being hit by a car or having an incurable disease? Was she cursing herself?

Before she could say anything again, May had nodded in full agreement with what Lana had just said and seconded, "Yeah, Lana is right, Lisa. There's no use to talk us out of it. We are ready to train really hard this week. We won't be a burden to anyone at all. Besides, it's not like we are new to this… We've already learned everything that we needed to know at the Military Academy before. We just need to brush up on our skills again. Right, Drey?"

This time Drey's face lit up as he folded his arms and lifted his chin and said, "We'll see, May. Enough talking because you and Lana need to get ready now. Time is gold, there's not even a second to waste. Chop-chop, off you go!"

"The hell with that attitude, Drey? Don't be arrogant just because you're ahead of us. I heard you haven't even experienced a real battle yet, so basically this operation will also be the first time you'll be in action!" said May.

She was frowning but oh how she had missed bantering with her good friend.

But Lana suddenly interrupted them and said, "Oh, by the way, how's your marriage life? Last time I heard uncle Russo was really hoping for a second grandchild soon. Have you been working hard on it?"