ᵀʰᵉ ᶠⁱᵉˡᵈ ᵀʳⁱᵖ

𝐓𝐇𝐄 man who wrote the letter to Mr Warren stands in front of another scientist, planning over the presentation that Warren and his class was invited to.

"You may proceed with the Cross-Species Genetic project when you find someone to work with, someone as talented as you, Doctor Connors." Octavius explained. "It's not safe to do alone."

Muttering something, Otto then left Curt's lab, leaving the crippled man to contemplate who could possibly assist him in his passion project.

Otto himself was inside of his office, working on a secret project that he wished to unveil at the presentation before his secretary barged into his office, uninvited.

Before he could reprimand the young lady, he remembered that he pressed the buzzer to call her in. He was getting more and more senile by the day.

"Miss Hardy, would you please bring in all of the projects from section C-42." The ageing man handed off his keycard to her. "Tonight's going to be the biggest night in this company's history, and you might even secure yourself a premonition depending on the outcome of tonight."

The blonde merely nodded, taking the keycard and leaving the scientist to his own devices, literally

He would continue his tinkering, enthusiasm etched across his wrinkly features.

🕸 🕷 🕸

𝐓𝐇𝐄 sound of teenager's speaking filled the Freshman's biology classroom as Peter inquired his friend about what went on with Gwen.

"It's not like that, Parker." Y/n sighed, rubbing his face in his hands.

"Are you sure?" He asked with a smug smirk. "Your face went red when I mentioned her."

"And so does yours when I mention that Junior that's on the Decathlon team." Y/n dodged the question and countered with his own, making Peter trip over his own words.

"It's not like that—" Before the brunette could defend himself, Mr Warren entered the class, beckoning for the students to quiet down.

"Put away all of your equipment since I have a announcement." Warren said, making Y/n and Peter along with other students to glance at each other in confusion. But Y/n also heard a familiar irritated voice that belonged to Flash, he berated Gwen for ignoring him for the better part of the previous night.

"This class has been generously invited to the showcase at Octavius Industries for anyone interested in science and technology, you're welcome to come, and those who're unable to due to either bad behaviour or just unable to go to the showcase." Miles explained. "It's tonight at seven, be here or don't. It's your choice."

Y/n decided it couldn't be that bad, he liked to see cool tech and stuff in action, so it would probably be fun. Maybe he'd even try and speak to Gwen some more or more likely just stick with Peter and bring out the worst in each other at the expo.