This

(This story is the prologue for what'll eventually be a full story when I get the motivation :P Also this is a DSMP AU so if you aren't in the fandom, you can skip this)

Tommy wandered aimlessly through the forest, a sword in hand, failing attempts to cut his way through the overgrowth. He knew there was a reason this path was dangerous to all who cross it, but he didn't care, he wanted to see them for himself.

Growing up he had always heard stories of the mysterious creatures that live among villages deep in the woods, he was told they were menaces that could kill him without even trying. But he wanted proof.

He wanted proof that these creatures existed, and he wanted proof that they were actually dangerous. He thought he could kill whatever tried to attack him, so he wasn't scared or nervous at all.

For years he'd hear stories of these creatures that look like humans but they aren't. They could transform into different creatures. Tommy wanted to see that for himself, he wanted to know how they did it.

For many years humans had found themselves superior to these creatures, they would kill any they could find. Now you may think that it would be hard to find these creatures since they looked like humans, but people will often find them by carefully watching others to try to find if they seem to be acting like animals, it's sort of like an instinct of these creatures to act like they do as animals when in human form.

This whole thing has caused the creatures to run off into the forests and make villages there, humans who made livings off of hunting these things would normally go to the forests to try to find and destroy these villages. They almost always came back unsuccessful, Tommy wanted to be one of the first of his town to find one of their villages.

This issue had gone so far that people would threaten or kill innocent animals, it was horrific honestly, but humans didn't care, the sooner those creatures were extinct, the better. That's all humans ever thought about.

Tommy slowed down, his legs tired from running so much. He decided to just think about what he would do if he did catch one of the creatures, he could take it's body home, he could finally be a hunter, he could possibly even be famous among his little town.

His thoughts were interrupted by the ear splitting cry of a bird. Tommy looked around to find the source of the noise, he then spotted the dark animal, a crow resting on a branch, it cawed once again. Tommy was unsure if it could be one of the creatures or just an animal. But he was willing to take the risk.

He tightened his grip on his sword, running towards the tree where the crow perched, the bird realized the boy's aggression and took off before he could get to it. Tommy skidded to a halt as the bird flew away.

That one moment had decided his fate. And only time will tell what that fate was.

He trotted slowly through the foliage, growing impatient as he always does. He felt uneasy, regretting trying to attack that poor innocent bird, he was scared that he might be attacked at any moment. Is this what all those professional hunters had to go through everyday?

Suddenly. He felt a presence. "Fuck..." He muttered, he felt a shift in the air, something was approaching. Around him, crows appeared out of nowhere, landing on the nearby trees, Tommy felt like he was stuck in a black void full of judgmental eyes, staring, watching, waiting. What were they waiting for? Whatever it was, it was approaching fast.

Whatever happened next, it was a blur. What looked like a man appeared overhead, blonde hair, dark robes, and black wings, those were the only things Tommy could spot, and even then, they were barely there as they moved too fast for his eyes to catch up with. It landed in front of him, staring him down with cold blueish-violet eyes, standing tall and still, watching him with a look just as judgmental as the surrounding birds.

And after a few seconds or so passed, it shot at him, full speed, and the boy blacked out.