XXII

Asteria's POV

Asteria's POV

I'm in my room making some sketches, Me and rose have become a kind of like best friends.

I never really had friends so it's kind of a relief I have someone who shares the same fashion sense as me.

Ever since our brunch a few weeks ago, we decided to hang out more going to boutiques and rose is my mannequin.

But overall it's nice to have friends.

***

My burns have healed, Milo offered to have his doctor give me so medication and ointment for it.

My sister and Milo have gotten close. I see them hanging out in the living room just watching tv or doing something they like.

Maze has moved out of the room we've been in for the past month. It's nice to have my own space and plus she sleeps wild.

I guess she's gotten more comfortable with being here. I have to but eventually, I have to go to Chicago to fulfill my mother's wishes.

It's a dream to have my own boutique. My mother stated in the letter that she said had already set money aside for it.

I took classes back when I was on my home planet.
My mom helped me with my experience.

she went to earth to have the knowledge of how to own a business on earth.

I never really talked about how much it affected me seeing my parents die right in front of my face. Knowing it's nothing I can do to save them

I mean it's something I just can openly talk about.

I use a journal to cope but it's really no use when I remember the image vividly in my head.

I regret not having a relationship with them but in reality, it's not my fault they made me feel like I wasn't their child and that sucked.

I always tried to please them but it was never enough I can't change the past so it's no point in dwelling on the situation.

I really don't want to think or talk about it anymore. I need a distraction.

I should probably hang out with my sister but first I'm going to take nap.

•••

Hours later

I hear my alarm on my phone signaling me it's time for me to get up. I look at the time and it's 2:20.