XV

MILO RUSSO

We're sitting at the dining room table. It was quiet for a few minutes but eventually, we had the conversation it went alright.

They didn't tell me everything about them I could tell they didn't trust me and the feelings are mutual besides the fact I let them into my home.

" So from what I'm hearing is that you guys are from
a planet called Narnia and now you here because someone destroyed your home," I unsure of what I'm hearing. I was going to ask another question but I was interrupted.

"What do you on this planet for you to afford this place?" Maze questions with her soft voice, putting both hands underneath her chin.

" I have been an assassin for six years and I've been a business owner for two and half years," I started casually.

" What exactly is your business called?"Asteria asked.

" I own a càfe called " Hidden Desires," I told them. Maze just looked at me and I stared back.

It's gonna be hard for her to open up but I think I know a way

" That explains the burns and scar on your bodies. I'm sorry you went through that." I said.

" Thank you, and yes it does I was burnt on my legs trying to save my parents and maze.. she looked to her right and maze was shaking her head. " well that's her story to tell you," Asteria stated with a few runaway tears.

" Do you happen to know if anyone on the other plants who were destroyed is alive?" I questioned them and they shook their heads.

" We would try and see but I don't know if we're safe here. We'll try once we leave. " Maze retorted back.

" When do you plan on leaving, I mean you could stay with me, if you're and .." I was interrupted when a voice cut me off.

" No' Maze exclaimed. " I cannot stay here. Thank you for the hospitality but I don't feel safe here, and my sister has to go somewhere other than be here," she stated with an aggravated tone. Asteria looked at her with concern and then whispered in her ear.

Maze took a deep breath trying to gain her control. She then smiled and looked at Asteria and mumbled an okay.

"I'm sorry that was very insensitive of me to say that, You have been nothing but kind to us." Maze said sincerely.

I just nodded my head, she's a very difficult woman. I see she likes to play with knives like it's a toys. She goes in the back of her pants to grab one and starts swinging it in her hand.

At this point, I'm not even shocked

MAZE POV

Milo is a very interesting man but I'm keeping my eye on him. You cannot trust everyone, even though he gave us shelter. always be prepared.

One thing I can say about Milo is that he's a handsome man and I see he likes guns. I'm into it.

I don't know how I am going to find the others but I figured my sister and I can do that by using our ship to signal others.