Part 4

Electra's POV

I entered our house with Jack. It was already late night but I have no idea where Julie went. She just told us she is very happy today and going out with her friends. I am really worried about her. As we entered, Mary came to take our coats. I missed her a lot since I was not here, I never had a mother and she was that for me in my life since childhood. Because Harper was step mother and she never really liked me. But I was ok with it, Mary was everything I ever needed.

"How was the party young master? Did you both have fun? Should I get you anything to drink?" she asked and jack smiled.

"It was good, and how many times I have to tell you to call me Jack?" Jack asked with fake anger and she smiled.

"You know madam won't like it. Young master is fine..." she said and I smiled.

"It was good Mary. We had fun, can you get me a glass of water?" I asked and she smiled and left.

"What do you think about this Aiden? I saw you talking to him. It is weird actually that Millers are such big name in the industry but they have never ever invited us for any party and suddenly they did it and that too today when you just came back" Jack said and I smiled at my little brother's worried eyes for me.

"Jack... you know your sister can handle all this. You don't need to worry about anything. Just focus on your study and enjoy your youth. These days won't come back, so have fun" I said and he sighed. I can tell in past few days he must have taken a lot of stress of the company going bankrupt and then father leaving. He has always been like that, trying to take responsibility for father and me and worrying about us.

"Sis, I have to understand business now. I am not a kid anymore, I am twenty. How was it different when you used to handle business with father? You were only fifteen when you started going to office with father. I still remember when you used to decide all the big deals for father. You brought our company to such heights...and no one even knows that... In fact sending you away was the stupidest decision father ever took. It destroyed the company" he said and I smiled and I pulled him close to me and made him sit.

"Jack... always remember... father is never wrong. Whatever decision he took at that time, was for all of our good. And I was already twenty at that time when I left home. I was perfectly capable of living alone. I have no complaints with father and neither should you" I said and he sighed.

"How can you love father so much after everything he did, he sent you away from our house and he even destroyed our company. Our investors are on streets waiting for money. I respect father but you are just blind when it comes to our father. He has run away for god's sake. Did he pick up your call?" he asked and I sighed. Before I could say anything Mary came with water and I told her to go and rest. I took the glass and stood up.

"I know what father did, but I think he was cheated on in the business and about leaving... I am sure father must have some good reason for leaving like that. I trust him the most in the world. He is my father... my hero and so should you." I said and he didn't argue this time but nodded.

"but I want to come to office now. I want to learn from you sis" he said and I smiled and patted his head slightly.

"No, not yet... first finish all your higher education and then you can join the office. Everything is yours only and right now company is in chaos. Let me make it stable, then I will hand it over to you" I said and before he could reply I heard a voice.

"Who are you to hand him over anything? It is his company to begin with, don't try to put your claim on our company.. you are nothing but a bastard child who should be thankful that we didn't starve or kicked you out." It was Harper. It has been a long time since I heard her calling me a bastard child. It used to be her favourite thing to call me in past.