~ Author's Note ~

Important information about the story.

——————————————————————
To make things easier for myself, I label each chapter with its episode number if it has parts from that episode in it. When the chapter doesn't have an episode number it is because it is my own chapter that didn't occur in Fruits Basket. Every scene in Fruits Basket still exists, even if it isn't typed. Some things won't be mentioned though since it would mess up my story line, so I'm sure you'll be able to tell. If lines are cut out during a conversation, that is because I replaced the dialogue, or Mizuki is entering the scene at that point, so that is all she hears. However, there are also some moments where she will leave the scene, but I'll continue the dialogue between the other characters from someone else's POV.

The Fruits Basket timeline doesn't start until "That's Just Great" because the first two chapters are about Mizuki. "Can I Come, Too?" explains how she got to where the timeline starts.

Italics will be used as emphasis, as accents or different languages, and when someone is thinking. The only thoughts that will be recognized are the person's POV we are in (so things don't get confusing). The story will mostly be in Mizuki's POV, but if the POV does change, I will state it. POVs only change if it's a different section (sections start when there is a setting, quick explanation, or something to describe it inside of ~these~).

Time to meet the OC

Name- Mizuki Sohma

Age- 14 ("Can I Come, Too?"); 15 (at the beginning of the Fruits Basket timeline that starts on "That's Just Great")

Birthday- May 20th

Height- 5'0 ("Can I Come, Too?"); 5'2 (by the middle of season one in the Fruits Basket timeline "I Feel Dizzy" )

Appearance- Black hair, red eyes, pale skin

Characteristics- Sarcastic, impatient, short tempered, smart, curious, caring, confident

Hobbies- Reading, enjoying nature, martial arts

Best Friend- Kiomi Yoshida

Brother- Hatsuharu Sohma

Health Background- Due to her being a premature baby, she was born with anemia and problems with her lungs and heart. Those problems were asthma and arrhythmia, but she grew out of her asthma. However, she still has anemia as well as arrhythmia. She only has issues with her heart if she overdoes it in physical activities.
——————————————————————

I would've did a violence warning, but if I'm being honest, nothing in my story will be as bad as the things shown in Fruits Basket. I doubt you would be reading this book if you haven't watched the anime or read the manga lol. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the book. :)