CHAPTER 19 ~ Pain

Start from the beginning

"I would even be topless with all my brothers here. There is no reason not to be with the sun out like this." He says and sits back up. His elbows rest on his knees while he watches the lake glistening in the sunlight.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to upset you."

"If you wish to be with my brother you could have said so, Annabelle. You didn't have to agree to join me here."

"I do not wish to be with him!" She exclaims in frustration, "I told you I don't feel anything for him anymore..." She moves closer to Damien and places her hand on his chest while wrapping her other arm around his biceps. He tries not to let her charm get to him, but once he takes a little glimpse at her, he immediately surrenders.

His body relaxes and he closes his eyes as she leans in for a kiss. Returning the gesture, they start to kiss each other slow and soft. Damien's lips seem to burn hers. He moves to his side and places both his hands on either side of Annabelle while slowly hovering over her. She welcomes his body with her arms as she pulls him closer to her by his shoulders.

His kiss is passionate and full of desire for her. Fully aware of that she whispers against his lips,

"Do I belong to you?" Damien breaks the kiss and looks down at her, carefully removing a strand of her hair from her face. With his thumb he caresses her flushed soft cheek down to her throat where be examines the unbitten skin. In this moment, he wishes for nothing more than to have a little taste of her sweet blood. He responds to her with a smile.

"If you wish to." Annabelle bites down on her lower lip and pulls him back down where her lips meet his once again. She runs her fingers through his soft orange hair, gripping onto it lightly.

meanwhile...

Ryan and Carter sit in the garden. He looks down at Carter's lap and notices the little kitten from the other day sleeping there while Carter caresses it's little head.

"You really decided to keep it, huh?"

"I can't just abandon him. Cornelius thinks I'm his mother."

"Oh please... Cornelius?" Ryan rolls his eyes at him and continues to play with the piece of fabric he got in his hand. A tissue that has once belonged to Annabelle but she has given it to him a while ago.

"How are you doing?" Ryan shrugs with his shoulders. Carter doesn't need to look him in the eyes to know that he has been feeling miserable.

"You can talk about it, you know?"

"There is nothing to talk about, Carter." Looking down at the tissue, he wraps it around his finger and unwraps it again, repeating the process over and over.

"You keep dreaming of her, don't you?"

"Yes and I hate it. I hate the questions these dreams bring up."

"Maybe you should seek help or some advice from mother?" Ryan raises his eyebrow at Carter, not believing he is serious, "Or... maybe not." Carter clears his throat.

"I'm afraid I'm starting to lose my mind. I think things I shouldn't be thinking. I see things that aren't there. I have no idea what's happening to me, brother." He gets up and puts the tissue into his pocket. Carter looks up to him and gets up as well.
He places his palm on Ryan's shoulder.

"I'm here for you. We can talk about it, but for now try to ignore it. You've got a lot of pressure on you right now and should deal with that first. And if the dreams get worse, we'll seek help. But I'm sure once you stop thinking about it they'll disappear on their own." His words calm Ryan down. A huge part of the stress that was balling up inside him has left with the long exhale. He smiles at Carter and bumps his fist with his.