World's Biggest Ball of Twine

Start from the beginning

"She didn't even give you break up sex?" You asked as Five handed you another margarita and sipped his own spiked orange juice.

Diego shrugged.

"I don't much care for that one." Klaus said.

"Don't." Diego spat.

"Ah, well, technically, she's family." Five pointed out.

"She was trying to murder us, like, yesterday."

"I try to murder you, like, everyday." You argued.

"Yeah, like I said, 'family'. Diego, is she coming back?" Five asked, setting down his drink to go to the buffet.

"Yeah, well, she goddamn better be because we got more IMPORTANT THINGS TO BE DEALING WITH RIGHT NOW!"

"Calm down. Shh." Klaus whispered.

Five set a plate of fruit and a muffin in front of you, and you pecked his cheek while he wrapped an arm around your shoulder.

"Where's Luther?" Vanya asked, walking in.

"Who cares?" Diego asked. "Probably out for... a run."

"I'm liking the hair." You smiled, biting into your strawberry.

Vanya smiled, before speaking again.

"I, uh, I talked to Marcus last night."

"My ex?"

"No, the new Number One."

"Oh. Hot Luther. Okay." You took a sip from your drink, before choking. "You talked with the enemy?!"

"By yourself?" Diego questioned.

"Well, somebody had to do something."

"Who elected you, Vanya?" Diego asked.

"It's, uh, Viktor..."

"Who's Viktor?"

You paused, looking up from your plate of fruit at the wall behind Diego's shoulder.

"V-I-C or V-I-K?" You asked, mouth full.

"V-I-K." He responded.

You looked forward, as if processing what you had just heard, before dropping your strawberry and squealing with your mouth closed. You motioned for your sibling to step forward, and he shuffled closer as you wrapped your arms around him.

Viktor giggled as you began to pepper kisses all over his head.

"Cool." Diego smiled.

"Yeah, me too." Klaus agreed. "Coolio."

"Truly happy for you, Viktor." Five said genuinely. "But last time I checked, you don't speak for this family."

"Mm." You pulled away from your brother. "That's true, you don't."

"Okay, we'll, it's fine, okay? Marcus totally gets it. He doesn't want a war any more than we do." Viktor reasoned, sitting down next to you.

"What are you talking about? He tried to homicide us!" Diego exclaimed.

"So did Lila, and you had a kid with her."

"Hey, don't you talk about my best friend like that." You wagged a finger at Klaus, picking up your drink.

"Listen, we made a deal." Viktor brought the conversation back on topic. "He's gonna give back Five's briefcase, then we're gonna get out of the timeline. We're gonna meet later today for the, uh, the handover."

"Oh, thank God!" Klaus exclaimed.

"That's a rookie move. Dude is playing you."

"One problem, Vik." You turned to your brother. "I and Five aren't leaving."