The Craving

I'm baaack! I am aware it's been more than "a week or so" but life's been kinda hard this last months so... forgive me? 🥺
This is the super-duper mega long fic I promised. It's about Morbius (this movie's tragically underrated)
It's a little more romance-ish than my previous works hope it's ok
Anyway, enjoy!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Plot: Going to the Horizon lab at night was dangerous and you knew it. Still, you wanted to check up on Michael Morbius after his mysterious disappearance. You came, only to find him in not quite his usual self.
-------------------------------------------------------------
You rushed down the hall of the almost empty Horizon lab to one of doctor Morbius's secret laboratories right after you've heard some strange and loud noises and, being Michael's nurse and his trainee, you had to check what was going on. As you got closer to the door leading in the lab, lights around started flickering creepily like in a horror movie, but you ignored it, after all, it was practically midnight and everyone went home hours ago, so you were lucky to find any light. You opened the door slowly stepping into complete darkness.

- Doctor Morbius? Are you in here? - the answer you were greeted with were those bizarre noises, like someone was trying to to break through the glass.

You contemplated leaving, but curiosity took over, you just hoped you wouldn't end up like the cat in the saying. Turning on muffled blueish lights, you couldn't see anyone at first. A few seconds later, however, you heard more banging sound and finally found him. The doctor was inside a special glass cage, used only for some dangerous experiments. Something told you what you were witnessing was, in fact, one of them.

- Doctor Morbius? Are you okay? Should I call someone to help?

No response.

The closer you got, the more you noticed how different he looked compared to the last time you saw him and how unusual.
Behind the glass, he was standing on his own, his usually pale skin now looked practically tanned. Through the unbuttoned white shirt you could catch a glimpse of his chiseled chest and arms. And his blue eyes, those eyes that made you his prisoner from the second you met, those eyes seemed both brighter and darker than usual. Something was off about his behavior - he was shaking, running inside the room like mad, attempting to break free, to break the glass. It seemed he didn't even notice your presence for a while, but as his eyes eventually met yours, you could swear they looked blood red for one second. It was insane, you had no idea what happened to the doctor, yet you knew you had to help him in any way you could. You took a step closer to him.

- Dr. Morbius? Can I help you somehow? Are you okay?

Again, no reaction. It seemed as he couldn't hear or see you at all.

- Dr. Morbius? - you said louder, - Michael? - added softly.

His head snapped up. Michael froze and starred at you with his ocean blue eyes - so inhuman, still piercing through your very soul.

- Michael, what happened? - you whispered as if you didn't want to spook him, - whatever happened I can help you, okay? I'm coming inside now.

Michael fell to his knees suddenly, bringing a bloodied finger to the glass wall, as he wrote one word hurriedly and illegibly. You felt completely shocked.
- Blood? Are you hurt? Do you need a doctor? - you panicked.

He simply underlined the word, when it hit you.

- You mean the blood from the freezer? Fine, I'll bring it to you right now, okay? Just calm down please.

You backed to the lab's freezer slowly, not wanting to turn away from him. As you looked inside what used to be a big storage full of blood and its artificial substitute, it was empty. Totally empty. All the supplies were gone in just one week when you haven't checked it. "He couldn't have used it all, could he? And why does he need this blood in the first place? " - you thought, as your hands started shaking a little. You desperately wanted to help Morbius, you didn't have any idea how though. Maybe, he needed a doctor, or he needed pills? Or to look for the blood somewhere else?