<nineteen>

"Thank you," I said as Gramma Weir took my empty plate away from me.

She smiled at me sweetly, "Of course, Caitlyn. Anything to get you to be Benny's girlfriend."

"Oh-" I blushed. "I-"

"Gramma," Benny interjected. "We're just friends."

"You'll date anything that talks," she joked.

"Caitlyn is an exception," Benny replied. "Strictly friends, right?"

"Big time," I laughed.

"Besides, Caitlyn likes someone else," Benny said.

"Oh, really?" Gramma raised her eyebrows and smiled. "And who might that be?

"No one," I lied, feeling my face turn bright red. "Benny, what are you talking about?"

"Gramma knows," Benny answered, biting into a cookie. "She always knows everything. Hell, she called it the first time you ever came over."

"Benjamin," she glared.

"Sorry, language," he hung his head.

"So you know about Ethan then?" I asked, wrapping my arm around myself.

"I know all, Caitlyn," she replied. She reached over and pat my hand. "At least he's a good one. Unlike this jackass." She joked, tilting her head to her grandson.

I held back my laughter and Benny made a hurt face. "Gramma-"

"Oh shush up," she said, holding a hand out to silence him. "I'm talking to Lyn."

She looked back at me and gave me a piece of advice I still hold on to, "If you love someone, you need to tell them. And if you love Ethan, go get him. You cannot wait for good things to come to you on their own, you must reach for them yourself."