<one>

"Welcome to White Chapel! I'm Erica. I'll be giving you your tour," her thick glasses magnified her eyes, making it that much easier to read her. If she was being fake, I would've known. But she was genuine and she cared. At least, she used to.

"I'm-"

"Caitlyn Wilson," she cut me off. "You have a 3.8 GPA. You're in band. And you play lacrosse."

"Played," I corrected her. "But you did your research."

"Knowing your interests helps me know if it's worth it to introduce you to coaches, club advisors, and the arts department."

"I never thought of it like that," I admit, following her into the school.

"Are you a history buff?" Erica asked.

I nodded sympathetically and let her give me a full history of the school. I didn't pay attention at the time, but looking back I probably should have. It would have explained a lot more about why I always got that nervous feeling. Why my life turned into a constant string of supernatural events.

We were halfway through the tour when I saw him. He was standing at his locker, Benny next to him, moving his mouth too quickly for me to understand him.

"Who-" I grabbed Erica's arm and glanced at him from across the hallway. "Is that?"

"The left one is Benjamin Weir," she answered, blushing a little. "Marching band is his only extra curricular, but he plays video games and watches a lot of superhero movies outside of school."

"And the other one?" I asked.

"The one on the right is Ethan Morgan," Erica pushed her glasses up and looked away from the pair. "Same as Benny. No extra curriculars, besides band and chess club. He's like Benny's little side kick. Quiet, less impressive, but a lot smarter and a lot less in your face."

"He's cute," I nodded as Benny noticed me. He smacked Ethan's arm a few times before he turned and looked at me.

"Benny's not your type," Erica laughed.

"Not Benny," I said, smiling. I waved and mouthed hi to him. He pointed at himself and I laughed, nodding before looking away and walking with Erica. "Tell me everything you know about Ethan Morgan."

"Well..."

But that was over a year ago.