<thirteen>

We eventually got back to the house, Jane still sleeping upstairs.

"I can't believe we left her," I said, shaking my head. "I'm a terrible babysitter."

"She's fine," Benny shrugs. "She's still asleep."

"You're terrible," I glared at him, closing Jane's door. Benny rolled his eyes, leaning against the wall.

Ethan turned back to me, looking worried. "You should sleep."

"I'm fine," I argued. I wasn't fine, I just didn't want to sleep. Actually, I didn't want to dream.

"No you're not," Ethan shook his head. He opened his bedroom door and tipped his head toward it. "You can use my room."

I paused before stepping through the doorway. "Thank you."

"Dibs on the couch," Benny said quickly, rushing downstairs.

"I'll see you in the morning, Caitlyn," Ethan said taking a step toward the stairs.

"Wait," I caught his wrist. "I don't really feel like being alone right now."

"Benny and I will be right downstairs," he said. "You'll be okay."

"Please," I tugged on his arm. "Stay with me."

He nodded, following me into the room. He laid next to me in the bed, a tight fit, but we made it work. As I fell asleep, his shirt bunched in my fist, he hummed a song a didn't recognize. He left when I was asleep, putting a fuzzy blanket over me and laying on the bare floor. That should've given it away. That should've made me realize that he loved me too.