Chapter Thirteen

Hyosonn remained in the same state as she arrived at the hospital. Her collapsed lung had air accumulating, so she had two tubes inserted into her chest wall. One for the removal of the air, and the second to drain fluid and blood. The drainage system worked on returning that lung to its normal form and avoid more complications.

When the time came for the nurse to do the treatment process of draining, Seonghwa could not remain inside the room. Just the fact that his girl has so many tubes working different things for Hyosonn's body, puncturing her precious skin, it was way too hard to stay and observe.

The only consolation after a few days is that there wasn't accumulating blood anymore, because that would mean there's more severe damage to both the respiratory and circulatory system. It would be life-threatening.

The ICU nurse was working with the drainage, so Seonghwa left Hyosonn with her mother, and quietly wandered the hallway.

He stood against the wall, his eyes shut as he struggles to stabilize his emotions, when he hears Hong Joong along with Yunho and Munhee speaking to each other. He doesn't open his eyes, breathing deeply in and out, then ends up sitting on the floor.

"Seonghwa, are you okay??" Hong Joong came running after he saw his best friend go down onto the floor. He touched his shoulder and felt when he flinched a little.

"Did something happen??" Munhee questioned anxiously.

"No-no. They're just draining her lung like the past days. It's just so hard to stay in that room and see the damage the bastard did to Hyosonn..." Seonghwa muttered shakily, placing his head in his hands.

"She'll get better, Seonghwa. Don't lose faith. She is being treated by the best medical staff in this ward." Yunho tried reassuring and knelt in front of him.

"Yeah, Seonghwa. My best friend is a fighter, and I know Hyosonn's fighting so she can liberate you of this hard suffering." Munhee murmured, sitting next Yunho.

"When's the last time you ate, Seonghwa?" Hong Joong asks suddenly, feeling he'll know the answer.

"Yesterday...lunch," Seonghwa replied softly.

"Do you want to end up in a hospital bed, too? You need the energy and strength to be with Hyosonn, because I am very sure she won't like seeing you become a skeleton from malnourishment," Hong Joong admonished. "You're coming with us to the cafeteria. And I am not asking, alright? You have to go."

"I'm just not hungry, bro..." Seonghwa protested, but of course his friend would be persistent and with help from Yunho, Hong Joong and he tugged him onto his feet.

He felt dizzy and had to prop himself at the wall because he was on the verge of passing out.

"My point exactly. You look awful, man. Gaja, let's get some food into you before I see you crash to the floor." Joong made Seonghwa lean on him, and Yunho also kept the guy from falling.

The three went in direction of the cafeteria, where it was Hong Joong who ordered for Seonghwa because the guy was so out of it and didn't care what food he's given. Yunho did the same for Munhee, and she sat across from Seonghwa. She observed the dark circles underneath his puffy eyes from lack of good sleep and all the crying he's done every single day he was here, and also back home. He'd lost quite a bit of weight; you could tell from the slightly hollowed cheeks. If Hyosonn were to find him like this, she'd be so devastated and heartbroken.

Munhee stretched her hands towards his that were resting on the table, and his head lowered to hide the misery and sorrow. He jolted when she set her palms over his.

"Seonghwa," she called gently.

"What?" he croaked, not lifting his head yet.

"I know this has to be hell for you. I see how much you care about Hyosonn, and how you've changed since she's come into your life. So, this cannot be the end for the two of you, it won't be something short-lived like a small memory of something that was, and it's done." As Munhee is speaking, Seonghwa fought back the painfully intense urges of crying yet again. She squeezed his hands lightly and continued. "No, Seonghwa, what you and Hyosonn have is way too strong to just finish here, when your lives have yet to begin together. Not many find their soulmate, and you were blessed to find yours. So, this can't be the end of your love story."