Chapter Four

It was Friday at the mechanic shop, and Seonghwa would soon take a break along with Hyosonn coming by. He's studying the motor of a Chevrolet 2014 truck, and hears someone speak behind him.

"Why am I not surprised you're working on a car?" That voice...sounded pretty familiar, especially the accent.

Seonghwa turns around and his eyes grew wide, gasping. "Hong Joong-ssi!"

A 5'7'' fellow who had the pretty, perfect grin he remembered from back in the day, he flashed it as he strolled to where Seonghwa was. Hong Joong looked cool with dark blue short hair at the front, faded on the sides and a thin braid resting over where his pectoral would be. A lot of earrings on both ears. His fashion has gotten even better than he already dressed. A black bomber jacket left open, cotton black sweater with a white and black print of the silhouette of a 1940s woman, a long silver necklace that had a dagger pendant hanging, black skinny jeans where a thick dog chain dangled from his studded belt and high-top combat boots in black as well.

"Oh, and he's gotten more handsome, too. Damn, bro." Hong Joong said jokingly, allowing Seonghwa to clean his hands before coming to engulf him into a big hug. Hong Joong didn't care if he dirtied his clothes, that's why a washing machine exists.

"I ain't the only one. What band did you join with that rocker hairstyle there?" Seonghwa teases, and they laughed.

"Hey, I'll have you know this works well on the ladies older than us, alright?" Joong snickered.

"Sure....how long has it been, man??" Seonghwa says, referring to the amount of time they haven't seen each other.

Hong Joong had had to move back to his hometown when they were about to enter seventh grade, and lost contact for a while as a result.

"Five years, I believe."

"Wow, time flies by. And how have you been? What're you up to? You came at a good time, too. It's my break now. I should tell Mr. Kim, first. Come on, I'm sure he'd be happy to see you, too." Seonghwa murmurs, and goes over to where Jeong Won is attaching a tire to a classic Volkswagen.

"I'm taking the break, Kim-nim. Look who came by," Seonghwa informed him, and the man smiled widely.

"Well, annyeonghaseyo, Hong Joong-ah. Nice to see you around these parts again. Go ahead, you've been working nonstop since you began the shift."

"Annyeonghaseyo, Mr. Kim-nim. It's nice to be here. Seonghwa always has been a worker. That never changed." Hong Joong says, patting his best friend on the back.

"True. Great to see you."

The two guys sat at the eating area, and then Joong answered the question Seonghwa had asked before speaking to Jeong Won.

"I've been alright, given the circumstances. Getting better at recording, my room is my studio."

"Ahh, for real? You always did have a passion for it. Looks like you're winning big, judging by the fashion." Seonghwa jokes, and Hong Joong snorts.

"Jealous, maybe?" he retorts teasingly.

"Nah."

"Honestly, I have been working to earn the money to dress like this, you know how Appa was. If I want to dress well, I have to get the cash for it."

"Yeah, so you wouldn't be lazy."

"Pretty much. I appreciate the tough love, truly." Hong Joong murmured, and pats the top of Seonghwa's back. "Hey, sorry I wasn't able to go to your halmeoni's funeral...or Daeseong's, I was too far away..." he apologized, gazing somberly.