Asocial Child

Veer^

Veer^

2 years later

"Thank you." I smile at her politely after taking the book from her arm.

"Welcome." She smiles at me giving a curt nod. I then move out of the bookstore. I find my car just standing infront of the bookstore. I go and settle on the backseat as Dev, my bodyguard drives away the car to our new mansion. In these 2 years,things have changed. Sumedh and I have moved into a new mansion which is situated at the end of Aurora city where hardly people live. It's more of desolate area. There are guards protecting us for 24/7.  Rehana is now married to her long time boyfriend and now they live with us in the same mansion. Her husband, Ishaan works with Sumedh in his office.

After reaching in our destination, I get out of the car and step in our house. Rehana and Megha greet me when I take off my jacket keeping it on floor hanger. Megha is our new maid who is now working along with Rehana. She is a middle aged bachelor woman.

"Where is Veer ?" I ask them.

"When I last checked on him, he was sleeping. " Megha replies and I sigh in content. It's not possible to leave Veer alone with anyone else other than Rehana. After the terrifying incident, Veer has become asocial child. The incident has left a terrible imapact on my child. Infact, we too became very protective about him that has led him to show absolute discomfort in others presence. He doesn't stay with anyone else other than me, Sumedh and sometimes Rehana. Anyone among us has to stick to his side to keep eyes on him every time.

I walk in our room where I have left him to go to the bookstore for collecting some books while he was asleep. Pushing the doorknob, I walk in the room but to my absolute horror, there is no sign of Veer in the room. I panic and look everywhere in the room.

"Veer, where are you ? Where are you, my baby?" I ask when I find him nowhere in the room. My eyes suddenly catch a glimpse of the balcony. My two years old son slowly walks in the room. I quickly run towards him and pick him in my arms.

"Do you like to scare your mamma ?" I cuddle him in my arms.He only stares at me with no emotion in his eyes.I see his face stained with tears. Unlike other 2 year old children, he doesn't let his emotions come out. Instead he tries to hold his emotions and sobs quietly so that we cannot come to know that. That's why we have moved into a new mansion to give Veer space. He is extremely uncomfortable around people including his grandparents and Siddharth-Ashi which legit scares me. We are now totally worried about him. I have suggested to take him to Psychiatrist but Sumedh hates the idea. He has never let me take him to any special Psychiatrist.

"What happened, baby?" I ask him and I sit on the bed with him settling on my lap. He looks at me with hesitation and nods his head. I cup his cheeks and make him look at me.

" Tell me, what happened ?" I ask him again. But he looks away. I let out a sigh of disappointment and get up to to leave the room. Veer hardly speaks some words and smiles rarely. But he has a beautiful smile. He buries his face on the crook of my neck as I descend down the stairs. Sumedh will come within sometimes. We both walk in the living room with Veer in my arms.Switching on the cartoon channel, I sit with Veer on my lap.