Chapter 5

"Fuck, that's my mom" I said as I spring out of bed, pushing Beetlejuice off me. "You need to disappear, now." I said frantic.
"Nah babe, don't worry about it. She can't see me. Honestly I'm not sure how you can, but yeah I tried, your ma can't see me. Heads up, you have the nicer ass, just sayin" he said, smirking.
"Ugh. You're such a pervert" I rolled my eyes with a slightly smile on my face. "Fuckin BJ"
"Hey! You could be fucking BJ if your mom hadn't been such a cock block! I haven't gotten any action in at least 300 years! I mean, I got married once but we never got to the honeymoon." he rambled.
"I should go greet my mom" I said to the dead guy laying in my bed.
"I wouldn't if I were you, babe. She looks pretty pissed"
"How can you tell?" I asked
"It's a haunting this house thing, hell, I sensed you walk in from getting groceries"
I have so much to learn about this being dead thing. "Seriously though, I should go start dinner or something" I said begrudgingly.
"Oooh grub! What's for dinner?" BJ asked.
"I'm not sure, depends on what my mom wants" I said "I'll go ask. See ya later BJ" I waved goodbye and left him in my room.

"Hey mom? Mom are home?"
"Yes Y/N I'm home." she responded
"What should i make for dinner?" I asked her
"I had a big lunch, just make yourself a tv dinner or something. I'm going to rest for the night. How's unpacking coming? "
How do i explain that I haven't been unpacking because I've been flirting with a dead guy?
"It's coming along! Really starting to feel at home here, mom."
"At least someone is. I think we have rats or something. That's what I get for buying an old house, I guess" she sighed and walked to her room, purse in hand.
'I guess it's ramen tonight' I thought to myself as I began boiling water.

Just as I look over I see Beetlejuice sat on the counter "Hey babe! Whatcha making us?"
"I'm not making us anything. I'm making myself ramen. Plus, don't ghosts not have to eat? " I asked
"Oh nah, we don't but I need to know if you're any good at cooking" he laughed
I rolled my eyes and continued to stir the noodles. Once that was done I added the flavor packet, a few extra seasonings, and took my bowl to my room. Naturally, Beetlejuice was sitting in my bed flipping through channels on my tv. "Do you people actually watch this trash?" he asked me
"I mean, I don't. I just like the background noise while I'm working" I said, sitting down on my bed next to Beetlejuice. I felt his eyes on me but I ignored them. It was awkward being watched while I ate but with him it was different. Like he was doing it out of love or just lacked social understanding.

I pretended to watch the shitty cartoon on tv as he watched me. When i finished my ramen i stood up and stretched. "I think I'm going to go take a shower" I told Beetlejuice.
"Nice, can I join?" he asked with a smirk. "What?! No!" I said with a dark red blush on my face.
Beetlejuice got out of bed and walked over to me. "C'mon babe, just let me get a peak. You let me watch yesterday" he said slyly.
"That's because I didn't know you were... You! I- I didn't know this house was haunted and-" he put a finger to my mouth
"I'm just messing with you. You're cute when you're flustered. Yknow that?" he asked. I just turned away and went to shower.

Stupidly, in my dedicated stride to the bathroom, I forgot pajamas. So, I walked to my room in a towel. There was no Beetlejuice to be seen so I took this opportunity and quickly got dressed and climbed in to bed. I then heard a knock at my door "Yeah?" I asked. Usually my mom doesn't knock. "Hey babe, it's me. You decent?" he asked.
"Yeah. Come in"
He laughed "I wish I could, babe. I wish I could" he walked over to me. "Mind if i join ya?"
"Not at all. Come here BJ" I stretched out my arms
"Hell, I'm down if you are!" he laughed
"Shut up" I said as I pulled him towards me by the tie into bed and began to cuddle up with him.

"Hey Beetlejuice? Were you ever... Alive?" I asked him
"Well sweetie, you gotta live to die! So yeah, I guess I did live at some point I'm sure but I don't remember it. I just know what they told me when I died. My name, how old I was, and what I could do. That's it. Oh yeah, and my curses and shit"
"How old are you, then?" I asked
"I'm 650, I know, I know. I'm old. But trust me I-" It was my turn to put my finger to his mouth to shut him up.
"Well you look great" I said
"Wow babe, thanks. I- wasnt expecting that" he began to blush, which was noticeable on his pale skin. I then nuzzled into his chest and began to drift off to sleep. I couldn't help it, he was so comfortable to be around. I yawned "g'night BJ"
"Goodnight Y/N"