Chapter 15

"Ow!"

"Oh stop being dramatic, it's not even that bad, it's just bruise."

Yeah, cut it with the drama! Oh wait, be nice Snowfall, I know I don't like her, but I still owe her that apology. She took a moments paws and furrowed down her eyes. Wait, why do I even have to when she's just a wimp! She should have known what she was getting into when we fought! Oh no, miss her excellency and high newness to the Pack just thought that if she beat me once, she could do it again when I was a scrub at training, nope! I've been training extra hard for a reason! Oh stop it Snowfall! Stop it! Why am I thinking this way!?

"It still hurts," Juniper murmured as Sorrel tended to her hurt shoulder. The Healer rolled her eyes and turned to grab something off from the herb shelf. Snowfall had slunk off to the Healers den to talk to Sorrel after getting scolded by Sycamore. The dark red wolf had also reminded them that they were going to be getting a lecture from Cedar later on that day. She felt bad about it though, considering it was her fault they got in this situation anyway.

Of course Sorrel was curious why Juniper had come in with a minor injury so early, and Juniper had told her what had happened. Sorrel somehow didn't seem too surprised though. Snitch.

Snowfall come in and had plans to talk to Sorrel a little bit since she hadn't talked to her much lately, but since Juniper had come in complaining about her injury, it left Snowfall just sitting there waiting for her to leave. I'll just apologize after I talk to Sorrel. But is that selfish I don't do it sooner? Am I being prideful? 

Sorrel came back with a stalk of lavender in her jaws and set it down before her patient. "Here, since you seem to be in so much pain, this should help with that a bit and relax your muscles."

Juniper ate the lavender with a few chews and dipped her head to the Healer. "Thanks Sorrel."

"Mhm, and don't make such a big deal out of it, it's not like it will be permanent, you should be fine in like a day or two." Sorrel told her with a grin as the newer apprentice walked out of the den. Snowfall glared at her as she left out of the corner of her eye. Yeah, just keep walking. Oh wait! Be nice. She thought as she sat with her back facing them. Something like this really had to happen the day before the Apprentice Journey? Why did I do something so stupid.

Snowfall looked down at her white paws as she sat by the pool of water in the den. She was tempted to dip her paw in for moment, or even drink from it, but Sorrel took her off what she was about to do.

"Now Snowfall, did you want to speak with me about something?"

"Mmm, not really anything specific just wanted to talk a little cause we haven't been lately." Snowfall told her with a grin.

"Ah yes, I blame that on the Ancestor's for having a different path  paved for you." Sorrel said coming and sitting next to her former apprentice. "Honestly, I miss having you as an apprentice Snowfall, I miss having some wolf around to talk to."

"But you could always just come talk to the rest of the Pack whenever you want though." Snowfall pointed out sounding confused.

"True, but I only really do when I need them or they need me, it can get kind of lonely sometimes here even though I'm surrounded by the wolves I grew up with."

Snowfall looked at her in surprise but didn't say anything because it seemed like she was going to go on. Now that she thought about it, when she was a Healer's Apprentice, she didn't have much time to spend with the others. Though she didn't mind it too much then, she still missed being around her sister. Even if they were still sleeping in the same den every night, on of them was usually too tired to do any talking and they wouldn't be able to talk long.