Prologue

A breeze rustled the green grass of a wide open prairie on a misty night.
The grass was abnormally bright and every blade swayed together with the damp scented breeze, along with a glowing mist of stars dancing upon it.

A sea of stars hung above as wolves that had a starry mist-like glow emerged from the trees around onto the paradisiacal prairie, for in the center, a cloud of stars rolled in and began to form the shape of a wolf. The stars formed a beautiful golden tawny pelted female wolf with bright green eyes. She stood in the center of the circle of wolves wide eyed aware of her new surroundings.

"Greetings Poppy." A red-brown furred male who emerged with the other wolves spoke as he walked up to her. The golden tawny female dipped her head to him. "Hello Rowan, father. it's good to see you again."

Another wolf, a female that resembled Poppy walked up to her giving her a nuzzle. "Oh my daughter, I'm so sorry." The female wolf said through a pained voice. "You didn't deserve this to happen, especially not this way."

"We couldn't stop it Hazel, it just happened." Rowan spoke walking beside his mate. 

"My pups..." Poppy murmured looking down.

"Worry not Poppy," A silver and black female spoke from behind them. "They will be fine, they won't be joining us anytime soon."

"Silver Fox," A large gray and brown male wolf spoke as he came over to the
four wolves. "Have you sent the message?"

Poppy looked over to the new wolf who'd joined them in confusion. "A Message? A message to Adder?"
The male shook his head looking at her. "No to your sister, Sorrel."

The silver and black female looked to the male and shook her head. "Not yet Gray Moon, I wanted to greet Poppy first here before I did."

 Gray Moon nodded his head to her. "You'd best get to that, the Great Alpha's have told you to get to sending the message."

"Alright I'll go now then." Silver fox said dipping her head and sprinted down the prairie, disappearing into the cloud of mist.

"Your sending a message to Sorrel? What are you telling her?" Poppy questioned to Gray Moon.

"Yes, what is this message you speak of? I don't remember The Alpha's saying anything about a message." Rowan said equally confused still standing by his mate and daughter.

Gray Moon rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Then you clearly have not been paying attention Rowan or else you'd know. The wolf of Light prophecy."

"Wolf of Light?" Rowan and Poppy both said in unison.

Gray Moon nodded. "A wolf of white shall be the bringer of light in the darkness and shall it be the light that will defeat the dark fires of evil."

"Do you always get these prophecy's here?" Poppy asked looking over at her parents. Gray Moon let out a sigh of amusement realizing he had much to explain in a few moments and beckoned his tail for Hazel, Rowan, and Poppy to follow.

"Oh Poppy, how much you have a lot to learn here." Gray Moon said with a grin as they walked into the forest of trees glowing with dew and mist.

Poppy gazed Gray Moon for a moment before asking another question. "Gray Moon?" She said.

The gray and brown male let out a sigh and looked over his shoulder at her warmly grinning. Poppy gulped, curiosity was egging at her from what she'd heard moments before. But this something Poppy had to know, and it wouldn't hurt to ask.

"Who is that wolf of light you spoke of? If you don't mind my asking." Gray Moon stopped walking and turned to face her. Hazel and Rowan glanced at Gray Moon for a moment and then gave him a nod.