Chapter 11

Snowfall took in a deep relaxing breath. It felt good to finally not have to struggle to take in a breath without feeling a blockage of swollen muscles in her nostrils. The day after her and Moth had that interesting little conversation, and also her torturing her about Alder, Snowfall had woken up feeling amazing. In fact, she felt so good, she even went out on patrol all the way to the river, much to Sorrel's disapproval.

On that day, her sore throat had lifted completely, and all she was really left with was a runny nose and a couple of coughs, apart from that she felt fine. Leaving her frolicking about with joy through the territory. But clearly that going out had proven it was a bad idea. Because the next day, it was obvious that she'd definitely over done it.

That next day she had felt terribly groggy, her voice was so hoarse she'd practically lost it. She was constantly coughing and that was driving Sorrel and every other wolf crazy hearing it. She felt like she was going to cough her whole throat out of her body whenever a fit of coughs came over her. And Sorrel never stopped with the 'I told you so's' after that happened.

But after a long and miserable fourteen days of being cooped up with fits of coughing, a runny stuffy nose, a lost voice, and her losing her mind, Snowfall's voice had finally returned and she was bounding with energy and finally ready to train for her first day as a warrior and hunter apprentice.

She stepped out of the Healer's den that early morning with the knowledge that she no longer had to stay in there another night and was able to join her sister finally after what felt like eternity.

Yes! Finally! Apprentice training to be a warrior and hunter here I come!
All the early morning patrols were being set up by Thunder in the clearing. The sun wasn't even up yet, so it seemed like all the others were getting an early start on the day.

Apart from overhearing Juniper and Moonrise had adjusted very well in the short time of them being there, nothing eventful happened at all. Literally nothing. Everything was so quiet. Then again, Snowfall was in the den for what seemed like forever so it was no wonder she never heard anything interesting. But even Moth found it pretty quiet, there was no new overheard conversations with or about their father. So things were beginning to feel a little tense and a bit of suspense was looming in the air.

She walked out of the den entrance, past the empty nest and into the clearing, over to her tired looking sister in a group with all the other sleep deprived apprentices in the clearing. In fact, it seemed like all of them were up, which Snowfall found a surprise with this pack's bad sleeping schedule.

Moth's eyes lit up once she saw her sister approaching the group and ran over to her before she even joined them, greeting her with a nuzzle. "Snowfall! Your all better!" She cried out. "Don't leave me again like that, I didn't know what to do!"

A slightly offended cough came from Holly. "Oh ho, and what were we over here? Obviously not some wolves you see or talk to all the time, because of course you don't share a den with us or are in the same pack." She said sarcastically. Snowfall pouted her lip and was about to stick up for her sister, but her sister was already on her own defense.

"Actually Holly, Snowfall just so happens to be my sister and my best friend, and she was sick. You know, away in isolation because Sorrel absolutely refused to let me see her so I wouldn't get sick? See it as Meadow being away from you for an extended period of time." Moth said in retort with a smug look sweeping her face. 

Meadow looked at her black furred sister next to her and shrugged. "You know, she's got a point."

Holly looked to Meadow with a 'how dare you?' look dramatically. "I thought you were my sister? You're supposed to have my back!" She said as though she'd just been betrayed.