Chapter 7

Snowfall sprinted through the forest as fast as her legs could carry her. Her heart was rapidly beating in her chest. Everywhere she looked, left and right. The forest was burning and scorching with a bright flaming fire.

Panic surged through her as she frantically looked around for a path out that wasn't seethed with fire.

The loud booms and crackling of trees and tree limbs falling around her sounded like lightening.

The heat from the flames made running feel unbearable. Snowfall panted in a clearing that was surrounded by fire.

The helpless voices of the animals that called the forest home, crying out in desperation; All screeched throughout the ever burning forest.

Snowfall whipped around the clearing to see if she saw any of her pack anywhere.

Moth? Maple? Alder? Sorrel? Any wolf?!
She thought in distress.

The flames continued to creep closer and closer to her.

Snowfall crouched down. Glancing around the clearing she realized, there was no way out. She was trapped.

Sounds of howls of wolves echoed in the sky, howls of distress and pain.

Suddenly, as Snowfall closed her eyes, ready to let the flames consume her, giving up, she felt nothing, she waited and felt the heat, but death did not come.

She opened her eyes and to her horror she was met with flames that were black and dark gray.

Snowfall stood up in terror as the black flames crept slowly towards her.

The flames that were once lighting up the forest with a bright orange and red, were now dark and eerie.

Snowfall didn't know what to do, she couldn't escape before and now she really didn't what to do with the abnormal black fire.

She stood as still as possible, waiting for it all to end. But the fire in front of her began coming into a shape.

A wolf? Not this again! This has to be some type of dream!

Sure enough the shape became a wolf, but it didn't become a wolf like an Ancestor wolf. Instead it stayed flames stayed.

The wolf of black flames just stood there, not saying anything.

Snowfall took a gulp, but the heat and dryness made it impossible to swallow.

"Who are you? Your not an ancestor wolf!" Snowfall exclaimed in horror.

The wolf still stood and said nothing.

Snowfall felt the sudden urge to leap at this wolf, but he was made of flames! How could she jump at flames?

She took a bold step forward and snarled at the wolf. "Who are you? What do you want!" Snowfall growled fiercely, but fear still shook her voice.

The black flame wolf tilted it's head back and let out a horrendous screech.

Snowfall tilted her black ears back from the wretched noise that came out of the wolf.

The flame wolf then dropped into a crouch and began prowling towards her. Snowfall glanced around. The black fires blocked everyway she could escape.

She was either going to have to run through the fire or fight this flame wolf.

Snowfall wasn't run away through flames. And she wasn't about to back down from any wolf, flame wolf or no flame wolf.

She took a deep breath and leapt at the black flame wolf. As she did everything seemed to get slowed down.

Her paws met the wolf and as soon as she hit the ground it disappeared in a puff of smoke.